Search the forum,

Discuss Help Required Issuing Electical Certificates in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MarkP

Hi people. Been a while since I've posted.

I've recently been asked by a family member if I would do a little work for them. The work would require me to issue a Minor Works Certificate once the work has been completed. The question I have is with the qualifications I have can I issue the certificate? I work as a metering engineer so dont tend to get involved in so called house bashing etc.

The qualifications I have are as follows:

NVQ Level 3 in Building and Structures
Technical Certificate in Buildings and Structures Level 3
AM2
City and Guilds 2330 Level 3
17th edition (amendment one)

Regards in advance

Well... why don't you outline the job you will be doing, the checks you will need to do and the cert and notification required?

you're good to go. as long as you are competent to test and complete the cert. and from what you say, it doesn't fall within the scope of the dreaded part pee ( unless in a bathroom).

Well... why don't you outline the job you will be doing, the checks you will need to do and the cert and notification required?

The seperating of a kitchen ring, downstairs ring and upstairs ring. It's currently all one ring throughout the house.

Also installing of garage supply.

you're good to go. as long as you are competent to test and complete the cert. and from what you say, it doesn't fall within the scope of the dreaded part pee ( unless in a bathroom).

Cheers. I was a bit worried not having Inspection and Testing as a seperate course that I would have to stay cleaer.

If thats a new circuit and you live in England that falls under Part P

It would be a new circuit and I do live in England, so would be notifiable to LBA. Obviously it depends on what I do as to whether I issue a MWC or a EIC for the work carried out.

Last edited by a moderator:
the answer is yes. the notification to LABC is a different matter. it's time we all refused to notify any work to LABC and get the parasites out of our trade. tin hat on.

Reply to Help Required Issuing Electical Certificates in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back