Discuss Is it called an accessory back box? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anybody knows what the proper name for a metal back box with a single and double space in one complete box is called, and who makes it. Many Thanks. :eek:

Hi, Just wondering if anybody knows what the proper name for a metal back box with a single and double space in one complete box is called, and who makes it. Many Thanks. :eek:

Various - back box, metal clad what you want really and made by seveal. Usually find with the cheaper versions the threads are rubbish just bear that in mind.

Some variations here:

Boxes and Enclosures

Thanks for replies. I have used them before, just wondered if there was a porper name, but obviously not. Must be one of those things you just say to the wholesaler "you know one of them boxes with a double and single in one box" :-D

I've never seen a double and single in one box before only two singles. Is there such a box with three doubles available as when I'm doing the TV area of a lounge getting three doubles next to each other, exactly the same height and level is a pain in the ar5e?!

never seen a triple box , with lugs so you can have say > single skt , fuse spur and tv point in ......... seen boxes for a triple skt but thats about all .

Last edited by a moderator:
no lugs in the middle , that's a triple skt box , no good for fitting 3 different units to .,,, what were looking for is something like a duel box , but able to accept another unit > 1 spare , 1 single skt . 1 tv point , all in the one long box , but i don't think the exist

cheers

I've never seen a double and single in one box before only two singles. Is there such a box with three doubles available as when I'm doing the TV area of a lounge getting three doubles next to each other, exactly the same height and level is a pain in the ar5e?!

you can get interconnecting ones made by click . and as a tv is usually in a corner i put one on one side of the wall and two on the other makes it a bit easier and still looks fine plus when the telly is there you cant usually see them.

Alternatively you could use three sperate single boxes and connect them together using a coupler & male bush, making them one unit.

Oi!! Warren G. We'll have none of that common sense malarkey round here!!! What a simple but brilliant solution!

Reply to Is it called an accessory back box? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock