Discuss LED don’t work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sounds like wrong transformer.Fit the right led driver and it should work regards S.
Could be the transformer. Got a couple to work however after awhile they start to flicker.

Got 8 to replace so would it be better to go for integrated led units or change all transformers?

Have your existing transformers got a min/max power rating stated on them?

The existing transformers are unlikely to work with new LED lamps.

Post up what new lamps you have. If it were me, I would replace the whole fitting with a new 240v down light.

Wouldn't be surprised if the wattage of the LED replacements are below the minimum requirement for stable operation. You will likely need new drivers.

Midwest, you bet me by seconds there.

LAP GU5.3 12V 210 lumen 2.6w 4000k.

Interestingly they work in another part of the house which has much more recently installed transformers.

LED lamps require a slightly different technology, and their 'transformers' are called drivers. They can be either constant current or constant voltage drivers, dependant on the requirements of the lamp. Buying just an LED lamp can be a bit difficult to assess the compatibility. I would return your led lamps, and buy a product that supplies both the lamp and the driver.

Edit; replacing with GU10 lamps and or new cans or down lights, would negate the need for separate drivers. You could even consider sealed units.

JCC v50. 240V and selectablr colour temp.

Agree with above.

Presently you have 2 hotspots. The lamp and the transformer. Neither like insulation above them, and you’ll find the plasterboard around the holes quite brittle.

Easiest method is the all-in-ones. Quicker to fit and most are the same hole size as the older downlights.

Basically, transformers give out AC current, and drivers are DC, specifically for LED circuits.

Reply to LED don’t work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock