Discuss LED replacement for 90v E27 frosted/pearl glass bulb in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all.

Slightly out of the ordinary, but I'm looking to replacing between 60 to 100 standard size E27 bulbs with LED equivalent.
The catch is the LED must run at 90v, rather than 230v.
"Why?" you ask, these bulbs are used in heritage diesel-electric pulled coaches and we're looking to 1) lighten the load on the auxiliary generators and 2) have (theoretically) longer lasting bulbs.
As the coaches are heritage (meaning keeping stuff as original as possible) and a number of other systems run off the common supply of 90v, we can't modify with the wiring and/or supply voltage. The bulbs need to be straight swaps.
They do need to have a frosted appearance, on the warmer side of colour and look as much as possible the same as original.
I've spent hours browsing the web but can't find such a LED bulb - perhaps someone on here knows of a suggestion?

Many thanks :)

TL;DR
anyone know of 90v LED E27 frosted bulb replacement for 90v incandescent E27 bulbs
Thanks for a speedy suggestion.
I did spot those and they certainly meet the technical spec, sadly they don't meet the aesthetic requirement - hence the original post. I've seen the 'fancy type of bulb with various shaped strings of tiny LEDs but nothing that quite looks like a standard incandescent frosted bulb.
The Amazon ones (like pretty much all others) have a large proportion of the 'bulb' as the base containing the driver.
But thanks for the link!

Hi, since USA and Japan have 110v - 120v supply, you might search for lamps intended for USA and Japan. There is a big probability that they work fine on 90v. Normally lamps, like all other electrical devices, have an operating range of voltage; although 90v may be a bit on the lower side. Another thing to take into consideration is whether you have AC or DC. The probability is that you have an AC supply.

Reply to LED replacement for 90v E27 frosted/pearl glass bulb in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock