Discuss Lighting circuit taken off ring main somewhere in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What really scares me with threads like this is how many so called electricians seem to think it is dangerous to utilise the 1.5mm to a fused spur, as stated by Glenn spark and others it is perfectly ok to do this, I sometimes wonder where the train of thought comes from to rip someone's house apart just because they don't seem to understand the basics of electrical work.

What really scares me with threads like this is how many so called electricians seem to think it is dangerous to utilise the 1.5mm to a fused spur, as stated by Glenn spark and others it is perfectly ok to do this, I sometimes wonder where the train of thought comes from to rip someone's house apart just because they don't seem to understand the basics of electrical work.
its a waste of time as well when after stating such facts there are still those that refuse to listen..
and so will go forth and ruin decor/cost unneccessary cash/invent non-existant remedial works....all a con..as Damian quite rightly pointed out earlier in this nonsense...

its a waste of time as well when after stating such facts there are still those that refuse to listen..
and so will go forth and ruin decor/cost unneccessary cash/invent non-existant remedial works....all a con..as Damian quite rightly pointed out earlier in this nonsense...

It really is crazy mate and the scariest part is like you said they can't understand it which in my view means they shouldn't be in the game.

It really is crazy mate and the scariest part is like you said they can't understand it which in my view means they shouldn't be in the game.

So electricians that taught me this trade,don't know what their talking about!! (1979) some are proberly not with us any more, and proberly before you was born!!. Close this ****in thread!!

Last edited:

I disagree it fills me with a sense of joy to hear people say such stupid stuff cause it means that they will always be creatin work for others that will be far less cheaper cause they haven't quoted to tear the house apart for no reason! Good electricians won't ever have to worry about any recessions!

So electricians that taught me this trade,don't know what their talking about!! (1979) some are proberly not with us any more, and proberly before you was born!!. Close this ****in thread!!

Why ?,

don't you understand it ?

We could have had crap electricians in 1979 who didn't understand it then either lol.

Why ?,

don't you understand it ?

We could have had crap electricians in 1979 who didn't understand it then either lol.
Although, wouldn't have had forums then, or computers, or people banging on about Part P, or people banging on about Electrical Trainee, or Aids, or the Olympics in London, or robots. But wine was cheaper :)

It doesn't matter who was born when or who taught who, the point is that if you think that you need to rip out a 1.5mm cable to protect it from some magical fault between fcu and the ring then we've all got bigger problems than I thought oh and don't forget to pick your dummy up :53:

Although, wouldn't have had forums then, or computers, or people banging on about Part P, or people banging on about Electrical Trainee, or Aids, or the Olympics in London, or robots. But wine was cheaper :)

And we had Raleigh Choppers and soda streams and the back end of punk rock lol , what's not to like

And we had Raleigh Choppers and soda streams and the back end of punk rock lol , what's not to like
Raleigh choppers and grifters and marathons not bloody snickers

Put it this way, if I carried out a job whereby I fed a FCU with 1.5mm from a ring final and some muppet came arond telling the customer it's bad practice and against regulation blah blah blah... That is SLANDER! Plain and simple! If you then proceeded to charge the customer to replace it that is obtaining money by deception, a criminal offence!

Any of you idiots out there that continue to propagate this myth that somehow the 1.5mm cable isn't protected are talking out of your rear end. I would suggest that you start by picking up a bloody regs book!!!

Not wanting to start an argument again...but if you look in the arms, somewhere in the last couple of days some ----- did that too me.

Coded it a C3 on report(t'was 1.0mm feeding a socket method c from a 13a FCU), and got told it was a C2 by the spark 'rectifying' works...

zzzzzzzz

Reply to Lighting circuit taken off ring main somewhere in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net