Currently reading:
Multi function pliers

Discuss Multi function pliers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would not use them for crimping, always use a ratchet crimping tool. Can't really see the point of them, I always use a cable stripping tool to strip pvc from cables. It's a wonder the Swiss army hasn't produced a tool for all your requirements lol

i've got one of them. good tool. esp. with the ferrule crimper. only drawback is the won't cut through 2.5 T/E at a stroke, with having the flush cutter and the stripping holes. still a usefull addition to the tool box , though.

I noticed that before they went missing or left in ceiling , two chops to cut t&e 2.5 and above.. I've had loads of gadgets and pliers are the tool to get to grips with...

They look ok for a bit of DIY, any construction site would "sling them in a skip" whatever you do don't take them on site lol

yeah, but with a bit of luck, wet-pants would not nick them.

So you'd recommend them tel?
Haha Kas1, :) I did think they looked a bit gimmicky..... So that's why I wanted to know if folk have used them or similar and how they've found them to work with.

lazy git.:17:

Correct !! :)

But it was more to do with the 17th Edition and Part P and the downward direction that I perceived the trade to be going in that made my mind up.

I had got myself clued-up on the 17th and have the bits of paper to prove it, then looked at Part P and said bow locks to all that nonsense and called it a day.

I kept the plumbing, heating & gas jobs going a bit longer though, but now I am drawing my pension.

well, i'm similar age and tha paltry pension will just about buy my beer and smokes, so i'm stopping when i drop.

I've been helping my builder mate with his house that he extensively extended and finally moved into yesterday - after a four year slog!

It took that long because just after he bought the house, his business went down the pan and he then had some serious health issues to deal with too, so could only do bits & pieces as & when he was fit enough and financially able to do them.

My role was all the leccy, plumbing, gas & heating work and I found the job useful for keeping me and my aching joints & muscles active and my brain sharp(ish) so have been happy to help him - even though he's a complete PITA for most of the time. As an example of this, I asked him at the start of the job what he would be using to cook with and he replied a gas hob with an electric oven underneath, so I ran a gas supply and radial circuit to where he said the cooker would be and then a couple of weeks ago a bloody big all-electric range cooker appeared ..........

Anyway, I sorted that out for him yesterday so he can have his Sunday roast today.

All I need now is for him to show his gratitude by doing some building & plastering work on my house ......... ;)

i a couple of weeks, he'll be sitting on a beach in the bahamas, sipping an ice-cold berr, saying, " cheers geordie"

got NWS VDE 6-in-1 Cutter | NoLinkingToThis these ones but have also tried the ones ur on about and there pretty much the same.
as above not very good on cutting
personally i think the crimping tool is alright.

they are best when it comes to 2nd fixing.

Reply to Multi function pliers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock