NICEIC Certification Scheme Niceic

Search the forum,

Discuss Niceic in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Frosty69

Hi people, I've just registered with niceic and am waiting for my initial assessment. In the booklet you get it mentions having to have certain niceic booklets as a requirement. I currently have bs7671, osg, gn1&3. All up to date is that enough or do they get moany if you don't use there books?
Thanks

Not a member of niceic but think it very unlikely that they would do their own versions of those anyway Suspect there are several other things that they would expect you to have in addition to those. Rather than rely on the memory of those on here give them a ring and ask exactly what they they do want you to have. :)

Edit eg they probs want you to have GS38 or something similar- maybe there own version of that and probs one or two other policies?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you do part p work, then you'll need a copy of that too.

as already said give them a call, ask for your assessors number and speak to him, he's the only one who will give you a 100% answer on which books he wants you to have!

our firm is nic, our assessor is very approachable when it comes to questions like this, in fact he encourages it.

last think you want is to pay for a revisit just for a missing book!

forgot to say, we don't have any Nic booklets, so don't know what the 'requirement' is for them???
unless it's the pocket guides they give you for free? we've downloaded those. also there are ESC guides to download for free which don't hurt.

Also make sure you've got up to date public liability insurance...2 million i think.. if you put smoke alarms in then you'll also be told you need the relevant BS paperwork, can't tell you the number off the top of my head but i think it's "fire alarms in dwellings". As mentioned you will need the memo on the electricity at work act as well. Another thing worth doing is an ongoing record of your tester's accuracy, all I did was go to maplins and bought a few resistors, a few low resistance for continuity and a few high, k ohms and M ohms for IR. then a couple of loop tests, one on a non rcd range the other on rcd sensitive as they tend to be different, finally RCD at 15, 30 and 150.

"Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations is something Elecsa like to see their members owning - and I must say its a handy guide.

Reply to Niceic in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back