Discuss Not sure how he got everything in there..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I assembled a liquid level control on the workshop bench this morning. I was in a rush so I just put the two 11-pin liquid level relays and 8 terminals on a loose piece of DIN rail, wired them up and quickly plugged it in the the bench supply to test it.

I left it in the hands of my newest guy to fit everything in a box, mount it on the wall and fit the cables which were already existing. I wasn't expecting too much, he's not qualified and doesn't have any formal education or quals. I told him which enclosure to use but there was obviously some misunderstanding. I got back into the workshop tonight and had a quick look to see how he'd done.

Not sure how he got everything in there..... 7 - EletriciansForums.net

Yeah, I thought you'd like his individual style. Not sure why he knotted the cable, the gland it's going through actually has a surfix cable in it as well and they're tight as hell. Belt and braces I guess :D

The location was my doing, the strainer was made redundant when a disk filter was installed just to the left of it.

That reminds me of the challenges you used to get on The Krypton Factor where all the pieces of the puzzle only fitted in the perspex cube in one particular combination. Did you guy stand behind this box with his arm folded when he had finished it?

Marvo, you might want to Google 'Krypton Factor' :)

Lol, it's working so I won't be taking anything out anytime soon.

That box he used is actually meant to house a 100mm x 100mm (4 by 4 if you use inches) double socket. I had to give him credit where it was due, he certainly used some inginuity to get everything in. I wasn't overly worried about the installation because it's only going to be there for a couple of months when the entire pump arrangement will change again.

....Marvo, you might want to Google 'Krypton Factor' :)
I remember krypton factor on the UK TV when I was at Uni for a couple of years in Manchester and North Staffs.

Reply to Not sure how he got everything in there..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock