Search the forum,

Discuss RCD trip time tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

biggrilla

Hi folks,

Hoping somebody on here can give me a little bit of advice. Just tested trip times on a 30mA 61009 RCD, greatest time at x1 was 24ms and at x5 was 28ms.

I know the regs state that at x1 under 300ms is needed and at x50 a reading under 40ms is required - but should the x1 reading be greater than the x5 - or is it "just one of those things!"

Thank you in anticipation of help!

BigGrilla

I realy woulnd worry about it yes they should be the other way round, but they both pass it could just be down to the slightest difference in connection.

I would even say if you were to test agin it would be different.

I wouldnt worry about it mate.

Jim

bleedin rcds,fitted a dual board recently,one rcd kept tripping on half cycle,done ramp test at 30ma,showing 14ms,fitted replacement same sort of thing,ok i was getting annoyed by this time,must have reset that thing 20-30 times and then it started to play ball,this was a brand new hager unit,so i take it citys dont sell many as they sit in the stores for some time,wonder how many rcds out there never get tested with button,easy for them to seize up a bit.

Reply to RCD trip time tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock