Search the forum,

Discuss replacing a cooker switch socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am going to put it back to how it was, I still have my telly to watch things could be allot worse, have a good and thanks for your help and time I'll let you know how I get on in the morning.

I am going to put it back to how it was, I still have my telly to watch things could be allot worse, have a good and thanks for your help and time I'll let you know how I get on in the morning.

You may as well lift the RCD up and get your lights back on. As Chris says though, DO NOT switch the MCB on for the cooker circuit - ensure the cooker switch is OFF.

Last edited:
I am going to put it back to how it was, I still have my telly to watch things could be allot worse, have a good and thanks for your help and time, got the light back on happy days I think Ill get a Electrician Monday morning thanks to all.

Let us know what they say and what they do. Some of us on here have shallow meaningless lives and appreciate the little things :);)

If the rest of the house uses Tenby double sockets you could steal one of those as the terminals are big enough to take 2x 6mm wires if needed. I miss Tenby stuff. (Except the light switches with the terminal on the side.)

Reply to replacing a cooker switch socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back