Discuss Selecting the proper solar panel/ battery system for 12v LED strip in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Complete novice here, but I'm trying to learn.

I am making a solar powered, back-lit estate/ driveway entrance sign, and am stuck regarding the correct wattage, amperage, etc for the panel and battery.

I'm planning to use 5 meters of 12v 18w strip, but would like to be able to use 10 meters if necessary.

The idea is to use a photoelectric switch so that it will charge during the day and last 8+ hours at night.

Can anyone give me advice on the specs of solar panel and battery that might be needed?

TL;DR
Choose solar panel and battery combo for 12v led strip lights.
Hi
I do not suggest you to use the 18W LED strip light, you will have to use very expensive battery and solar panel to match it.
Instead I strongly suggest you to use 8-10W LED strip light with high lumen output, such as 150LM/W.

For the solar panel and battery, you should ask the solar panel and battery supplier to make the recommendation.

Reply to Selecting the proper solar panel/ battery system for 12v LED strip in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I converting a van to a camper and wanted lights for underneath the kitchen cabinet. I purchased this led light strip for Home Depot...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone my name is Tarek, i work as a concert and show lighting operator with over 20 years of experience in this field, so i have gained...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I'm building a house and need some help with the LED lighting design. Lots of experience wiring things, some experience using LEDs (did...
Replies
Views
To start, I am an extreme novice to electrical and trying my best to learn. If I am posting this in the wrong place (looking for novice advice)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock