NICEIC Certification Scheme Signing test cert

Discuss Signing test cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shpark

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have my 2391 qualification, but I don’t have my 18th edition. My employer is trying to get me to sign the cert. Can I still sign off a new instillation test certificates without having 18th edition?

cheers

Are you confident that you are aware of all the requirements of the 18th edition?
When is you employer going to pay for you to take the 18th?

Are you confident that you are aware of all the requirements of the 18th edition?
When is you employer going to pay for you to take the 18th?
I am not confident of the 18th edition, no. And I am a subbie, but mostly work for 1 company, so they will not pay for me to take the course

The implementations of signing the test certs for your boss knowing you have not
Is got the 18th regs and you have not applied them is wrong. Either you get you boss to sign them is self or do the course. I was told by the the mafia to get the 18th regs by Jan 2021 or its game over.

I think the technical answer is that the person who does the testing signs that they've done the testing, person who designs signs that bit and the installer does that bit (for a 3part form).

So actually if you're doing any one of the above then yes, you should be. But....... is there something more to this as to why your client/boss doesn't want to put their own name on something? Either way, if the work is being done under their company name not yours then they'll be acting as the QS for it anyway, so anything you do eventually sign has to (theoretically) be verified by them anyway.

That's my take on it, anyway.

you may be qualified to 17th, but if you have a good understanding of the 18th and all it's ramifications, then you can sign off certs. or reports, dependent on niceic requirements. as i was 74 4 days ago, there's no way i'm doing the 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Signing test cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net