Discuss Solar Immersion - my experience ! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Immersun unit looks 100% better looking than that unit without a doubt,looks like a switch disconnector we bought the other day for £38.00.
There was a few faults on the immersun unit with flickering & on start up with the unit not controlling the output on initial start up operation, but think these have been sorted now with new coding.
Great display screen & customer freindly, the only down side with the new model is the fact that they have over engineered the menu to much info & to many changes can be made, but as an installer we fit demo the unit & the rest is upto the end user.
The mark one units looked a little less desirable but the information was basic & it worked well.
But thumbs up for design & user display.
With the wireless unit now (been out for a while) easy installs.
Just make sure you have no back voltage on your circuit as they don't like it up them.

Immersun unit looks 100% better looking than that unit without a doubt,looks like a switch disconnector we bought the other day for £38.00.
There was a few faults on the immersun unit with flickering & on start up with the unit not controlling the output on initial start up operation, but think these have been sorted now with new coding.
Great display screen & customer freindly, the only down side with the new model is the fact that they have over engineered the menu to much info & to many changes can be made, but as an installer we fit demo the unit & the rest is upto the end user.
The mark one units looked a little less desirable but the information was basic & it worked well.
But thumbs up for design & user display.
With the wireless unit now (been out for a while) easy installs.
Just make sure you have no back voltage on your circuit as they don't like it up them.

I'm NOT concerned with looks myself as mine lives in a dark cupboard :smile5:, I'm after results and the unit from Solar Immersion truly delivers like alot of the other brands, so as always its about initial price and required functionality IMHO

Re: Solar Immersion - better alternative??

Firstly for the that have one of these solarimmersion units, its a good idea to have a fused spur/ 20amp switch with a neon fitted so that you can see instantly whether the unit is still working or not.
I say this because mine has gone wrong twice now in 2 years the display shows 100% diverting yet the neon is not lit.
Customer services are horrendous and it costs £45 +vat for repair. They assure me that this is the first to go wrong yet these forums tell a different story.
I consider it my mission to see that these sharks go out of business.

Do not buy one of these units under any circumstances . I don't care that some review says it is brilliant. Trust me buy an immersun for the extra few quid you will thank me for it.

Update Report:- Unit now is 3yrs old and hasn't missed a beat - no issues at all

Should you want to use excess generated power in such a way, do your maths and look seriously at these units as paying more for a similar device could be unnecessary especially should they be around the £ 400 + fitting mark. What you will save using one of these devices whether this make or another is hugely dependant on your own PV setup and your personal useage of electricity and of hot water.

In summary its saves us hundreds of pounds so far ........... and been a really good purchase

btw I have been in contact with the company recently to praise them and they tell me that there is a new model with further facilities. They must be doing something right as they are still in business unlike some ?

Anyway....should you require a Solar Immersion Unit ( mk4 ) now at £199, you can still use the discount code "dis2204" ontop on this with FREE delivery too !!

btw I have been in contact with the company recently to praise them and they tell me that there is a new model with further facilities. They must be doing something right as they are still in business unlike some ?

Anyway....should you require a Solar Immersion Unit ( mk4 ) now at £199, you can still use the discount code "dis2204" ontop on this with FREE delivery too !!
Sorry to jump in an old thread. My solarimmersion MK3 has been working like clockwork until a few days ago. With override selected the immersion heater is not working. I took the unit out of circuit to prove the immersion heater was working ok. After a bit of probing around the black package(with not label) behind the display I can see 240 on the input terminal and nothing on the output. The voltage on the control lines show around 1.7v on diverting 0% and 9.7V on override. From my old process control days 2 to 10v dc was usually a sign of a 4 to 20 ma control, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know what the device is behind the display which looks like a solid state relay? and if so what is the specification so I can order a replacement. I tried a support ticket a few days ago but not reply. Thanks in advance.

Reply to Solar Immersion - my experience ! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net