Search the forum,

Discuss supply to log cabin in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

How about you go to the 'real' electrical engineers forum of IET, and do a search of exporting earths there.

Looks to me that you are just trying to wind up people on here. By the way the guys are on here because they like a decent civil forum if they wanted to be on the IET forum they would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

There's no absolute regulation regarding exporting a ground (except in the case of boats and caravans), however there are rules regarding extraneous conductive parts which make it unwise to export a TNC-S (MEN) ground to an outbuilding, there are particular hazards associated with metal framed units (Portakabins).

and of course the op said TN-S

Thats it now, I am getting my coat

Engineer54 we do not alWays see eye to eye but on this subject we mostly do but I must agree with Lenny too.

Appreciate your words Hawk.

Things are not always as clear cut as we would like them to be, sometimes this creates differences of opinions, both can easily be as correct as each other!!

Had such a situation before in another place, about MV. There they said there is no such thing as MV in the UK, it's HV!!! Well if you look around all the professional bodies (including IEE publications), all of the associated industry companies, and just about everywhere else involved in this area that you can think of in the UK, All use the designation of MV!! ... lol!!! Just because it is not yet mentioned in a BS standard it doesn't exist!!!

Same thing basically with the designation of RCD device's as ''Additional Earth Fault Protection'', Yes they are very much are additional protection in TN systems, and even in some TT systems, but not where there is no protection to start with, especially when quoting 200 ohms!!!
Just because that's what it says in the BRB so it must be right, ...when it clearly isn't performing additional protection at all, it's the only protection!!!!

Anyway, ...no need to lose any sleep over it, ....tomorrows another day right!!...lol!!!

There's no absolute regulation regarding exporting a ground (except in the case of boats and caravans), however there are rules regarding extraneous conductive parts which make it unwise to export a TNC-S (MEN) ground to an outbuilding, there are particular hazards associated with metal framed units (Portakabins).

and of course the op said TN-S

Thats it now, I am getting my coat

You were the one that started saying that you could quote regs. Now you admit you were wrong. Maybe that's why you are getting your coat

I have already admitted I was wrong, I am down, but have learned a lesson......

Finally 11 hours later lol. We all can learn from others I have learned a lot from this forum. Many very intellegent and well educated and extremely helpful people on this forum. Use the forum and their help wisely. I do.

As an aside with talk of RCD's as 'additional protection'....this does not apply to TT systems. 411.5.2 lists an RCD as the preferred protective device.....not additional protection.

Reply to supply to log cabin in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock