Discuss Temporary building supplies again in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
just wondering how you guys,install temp electrics to portacabins
Seen a lot of installs on sites & at schools where I don’t think it’s correct.
Mainly earthing,& earthing conductors,or am I being over cautious,cheers.

I'm under the impression that temp supplies have to be TT earthing.
DNO's usually insist on TT earthing for temp supplies. They will not provide PME for temp supplies.
Even if Perm supply, aren't porta cabins classed as temp building as they are movable?

DNO's usually insist on TT earthing for temp supplies. They will not provide PME for temp supplies.
Even if Perm supply, aren't porta cabins classed as temp building as they are movable?
Thanks,seen so many not tt,& agree Pme should not be used.

TT is not always required. TNS is acceptable. A TNCS supply to a transportable unit can be used where the installation is under the continual supervision of a skilled or instructed person. This may be the case in the units you have observed not on a TT

Any transportable unit will need an earth electrode installed unless it is under the supervision of 'skilled or instructed person(s)' in which case the PME can be used.

Construction sites also need to comply with Section 704 as well as 717.

Any transportable unit will need an earth electrode installed unless it is under the supervision of 'skilled or instructed person(s)' in which case the PME can be used.

Construction sites also need to comply with Section 704 as well as 717.
The only thing would be if it would be realistic,especially Main Earth bonding,concerning the size of the neutral on a tncs

I know this is an old topic but I have a container to install on a farm. I'm also wondering what UV protected flex you peeps use? as this container is going to be portable it's a small cabin with commando socket to socket so I need to make up a flying lead. In the case above would it not be to test and see if it passes the disconnection times etc and it would be suitable?

16A commando?

I used 2.5mm artic blue flex when wiring up static caravans.
Oversized possibly where 1.5 would do, but the thicker sheath did offer a little more protection, and just “looked” better.

Reply to Temporary building supplies again in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock