Currently reading:
three phase switch fuse location

Discuss three phase switch fuse location in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jbsparks

I am after some advice/help. Im currently on a new build home which has a new 3 phase supply put in by uk power networks. The consumer unit is well in excess of 3 meters away from the meter but the problem I have is that it is an external meter box and I cant put the switch fuse back to back. The designer of the installations has specified the switch fuse go in the meter box, they have obviously not seen the size of a 3 phase switch fuse. I can locate the switch fuse in a cupboard that is 3 to 4 meters away (that's tail length away) providing its run in the floor.

can the switch fuse be located up to 3 meters away from the meter or does it have to be located back to back/ next to meter location. Single phase switch fuses are easy to hide, box in but 3 phase are on another scale. being a million pound plus property everything has to be easy on the eye.

chuck it back at the designer. it's his cock-up that he's not allowed a big enough EMB to accomodate the 3 phase switch/fuse. the point of the switch/fuse is to protect the DNO fuse from a fault on the tails. pointless fitting it downstream. pass the buck.

Are you SURE you can't fit a 4p breaker in an enclosure inside the cabinet? Or...fit a bigger cabinet.

Ask the designer for the make and model number of the switchfuse they had in mind when they specified this.

The max length of tails before the switchgear is ultimately up to the DNO to decide, but generally they all want no more than 3 metres of tails.

Dave - I'm thinking along the lines of a 125/3+N on a bit of DIN rail in a 4way enc. Reckon that would fit??

Trying to get and answer back from the designers is hopless (probable because the have be paid in full), meter box is already a "3 phase meter box" the problem is the depth of the meter box, you could just about squeeze it in but the door doesn't shut because of the handle isolation.
Locating it in control cupboard is optional providing DNO is happy with is but to me seems pointless locating a switch fuse 3 meters away from the cut out but if it solves a problem.

Reply to three phase switch fuse location in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock