Currently reading:
TN-CS or TNS?

Discuss TN-CS or TNS? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wcampbell

Hi all.

Can someone tell me what kind of E system this is?

I think its TNCS but the 6mm to E Sleeve is confusing me.

I think the MET is connected to the N - hence TNCS.

Should I upgrade 6mm E.

Thanks for your replies.

Attachments

• electrics 002.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 231
If I were in your shoes I would seriously consider following the advice of these respected members.

The appropiate action would be to contact the assessor as soon as or before he arrives, if not still meet him at the clients address or if its your address, better still!

Explain you cant go head with your assessment and admit you have bitten off more than you can chew and that the assessment is too complex based on your experience and knowledge, therefore you have identified your limitations and he may more than likely respect you as you have identified your limitations as a practicing electrician. He may want to look at the installation and agree with you that it is out of your scope. If he does agree then he will ask you to book the assessment another time using a lot less complex installation. The only thing he maybe annoyed about is travelling there, thats if he's travelled far.

What makes a godd electrician/competent electrician is someone who knows there limitations and is willing to seek help and guidance.

WAMS

It's too late to cancel the assessment so you might as well go through with it. But do not be surprised if the assessor fails you. If you are really lucky he may ask you to put right certain things and provide proof it has been done. Either way you can expect a lot of questions from the assessor.

You seem to have a bit of electrical knowledge but judging from your comments and descriptions you are not yet competent. You need to either go (back?) to college or get an experienced electrician to let you work with them. We're not trying to put you down, we're just giving you a fair assessment of your current abilities. Do not be discouraged, but you need to learn some more.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Hi all.

Can someone tell me what kind of E system this is?

I think its TNCS but the 6mm to E Sleeve is confusing me.

I think the MET is connected to the N - hence TNCS.

The values of your Prospective Fault Currents should give you a good indication of which earthing system it is.

Hope your assessment isn't too much of a nightmare!

Looks like a TT system. :tongueincheek

Seriously though, listen to the others as much as you think you know, you dont! Sorry to be blunt but its true

I still beleve that individuals cant become a "proper" electricians without serving time on-site in various disciplines

Just been looking through this thread and I cannot understand why someone who thinks they are ready for an assessment would get an electrician in to connect a submain up for them? It is supposed to be an assessment of your own work not someone else's. Let us know if you pass, worryingly you probably will.

Reply to TN-CS or TNS? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back