Search the forum,

Discuss Two houses, one supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The cost for a separate supply,was probably supply+do...this can be drastically reduced,if arrangements can be agreed,to excavate the trench,supply the cable,etc.

I have some good friends,in an old established farm-house,where the 100A DNO incomer,feeds three separate dwellings. They are all family,and an agreement of usage,ensures no hiccups,as strange as it sounds,it has worked so far...

The fun begins,on a change of circumstance...extra use,bad winter,or heaven forbid...a sale.

It is at this point,the disaster and expense become a possibility.

I actually have a client where this has and is occurring,and the fact that his elderly relative,is having issues re;means testing for funding care-home provision,as his property has a sub-main from a property he owned years ago,and pays his electricity bill,to the new owner.

The fact that his dwelling does not have its' own supply arrangement,is flagging it as "possibly uninhabitable" and therefore unsaleable.

along a similar topic recently got called out to a farm/stable with a 100amp cut out single phase that had blown.further investigation revealed the farmer was renting out 10 caravans to workers from nearby building site[mon to fri].each caravan had a 2kw heater electric kettles fridge etc.Come 5pm when the guys get home for there hard earned dinner BANG.sse changed cut out fuse .two days later same thing again.advised customer that if he was going to continue in the caravan rental game a 3phase supply would be the only way forward.never heard back.probably choked to death on the sse upgrade quote.

Lol, I know, I would be splitting the tails before the main switch of the first house, I think the guy from the electric board said it was a 95mm supplying the first house from the transformer, this may sound like a silly question tho but I have never seen this done or done anything like it before

You and your customer would benefit from watching Grand Designs 30th sept 2015

If the neighbour's supply is in 95mm2, it was designed to take a number of other supplies off it. I don't know how many but with diversification probably at least 10. So why do they want to charge to put a new supply all the way back to the substation? It should be possible to take a new supply off the existing supply cable outside the neighbour's house.

Worth asking as that might reduce the price to a fraction of £20,000.

Reply to Two houses, one supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock