Currently reading:
What size cable do I need?

Discuss What size cable do I need? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aa wiz ganna get yerra a borrel o dog n 10 bines n a dixons pie oot o the grands the madheed wiz ganna shell ooot ye knaa.
Aal thas doon the tyne niw ye oppend ya gob ye dafty

Or poorly made off terminations which arc and cause a fire which kills or maims people and destroys buildings.
Just as a matter of interest, how do you propose to theoretically wire this theoretical 200A machine on a theoretical 140A supply and a theoretical 800A start up current?
I'd be very interested to see your calculations.

I'll have nightmares tonight where there'll be running and screaming.

Well 140 amps not enough so need upgrade for starters.

I was asking if it is possible to have a 200amp machine with 800amp startup. Nothing to do with 140 supply. Obviously it's not big enough
Yes that's what you wrote but the underlying question was ...... you know what, I can't be bothered with this any more.
I hope you don't kill anyone in your quest for adequacy

easiest solution for these types of problems is to just pull a genny in. Get delivered, drop it outside, fill up with diesel , couple of fat cables jobs a good un, I know of a spare 300KVA genny ( used, occasionally overheats in summer) going cheap if that's any use. Might be a lot cheaper than WP. Good Luck

I would love to see the client’s reaction to the price of a transformer upgrade, especially if a new MV supply is needed.

Bet the project gets put on hold, permanently!

Burman fower b twelves noo them wis HEAVY!!!

He made a bass rig and got a bit carried away to the extent that no bugger could lift or carry it !!!
I remember that one, the bassist of a band I humped for for a laugh had one. He fell over and broke his wrist in Eindhoven so it was either cancel the gig or have me filling in. They sacked him when we got back to the UK

I would love to see the client’s reaction to the price of a transformer upgrade, especially if a new MV supply is needed.

Bet the project gets put on hold, permanently!
I was on a job last year on a farm, gadgie had built a house and needed about 150 metres of 3 phase mains cable for the house and his grain drying shed, 2 poles and a tranny. He dug the trench himself, lined it with sieved sand, tiled it, taped it and back filled after it was all installed.

£50K

will be wpd.

Im struggling to figure out what is confusing?

everything before the meter is the distributors property.

If there is another after main then in that case it might be the customers property.

eng or tony would be my choice to explain as I havent got much experience with trannies of this size

Tony likes big trannies, on Friday nights :ciappa:

Boydy

Reply to What size cable do I need? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock