Discuss Wheres the most interesting place you worked in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Museum of Wales in Cardiff, with about 350 boards in the strangest of places, and the Museum of Welsh Life just outside there where I had to knock all the power off and walk into all bedrooms in a castle, one scared the crap out of me as I'm sure something moved in there...

Probably the 8 months i spent in Beijing China.

have had a few on lap dancing bars and had to go in to monitor a couple of faulty cameras that where intermittent faults on them :D

Caernarfon castle rewiring the supplies to the bell and clocks on the castle walls

rewiring the lights on trafalgar square fountains. had all sorts of parades and people protesting about stuff. Was quite interesting. was there when t-mobile shot the advert when they're singing hey jude! didnt realise how many people required to set up a tv shoot.

Don't know what the problem is with buildings that are haunted, one of my mates has a house that has ghosts occasionally see them in the garden when relaxing in the hot tub with a few beers

For interesting places I've worked fitted an intruder alarms in two mortuaries in one there was a PM in progress in the other the mortuary tech opened the fridge slid out the tray and said this guys from the area you live do you know him
The secure psychiatric unit of a local hospital only allowed one tool at a time out of the tool box and it must be locked at all times and a minder watching your back while you work was more worrying than meeting a ghost
Had a week in Albania installing some radio comms kit it was made more interesting by the amount of gun fire that periodically started up
The best one has to be the nurses homes at the local hospital I have worked there a number of times on switchroom refurbs and planned maintenance and you nearly always get a few scantily clad nurses asking you when the power is going to be turned back on or if she can plug her kettle or toaster into the temporary power supplies that we are using

bit mundane this, but interesting. 500ft down winsford salt mine. tray work where roof varied up and down. 10mm threaded rod supports, one pair at 2ft long, next 3'6", etc. SDSdrill life ( Bosch24v ) about 3 weeks, due to salt corrosion.

RNDY Rosyth HMS Ark Royal Liverpool and iron Duke first thing I saw on Liverpool was the "test rig" al sorts of different voltages frequencies ect ect After that i gave up thinking and just followed drawing for cable I was putting in
Also put temps into the old Morge at Edinburgh royal Kelvin grove Art Gallerie glasgow its fantastic structure and loads of wee smal rooms nooks and crannies around

bit small scale but put up a couple of lights for alfred brendel .well walk hampstead heath.
ask him did he go to the proms. yes he said but only on my own night. very nice family went there couple of times .they all ways invited me to lunch with them .

Did some armoureds at a gym yesterday. Life has it’s compensation for working on a Saturday. :D:D:D My mate got busted trying to take the same picture because his phone makes the sound of a shutter clicking and the flash went off..…lol

Wheres the most interesting place you worked 5854 - EletriciansForums.net

1989- helped at a hospital in East London, was a scorching hot day and we were up and down out to van and back through the gardens...lunchtime a load of nurses were there on the grass (and this is the truth) lying with their knees up so all you could see was how little else they had on under thier uniform! One was turquiose knickers! Nearly passed out as was a young lad then and not too good at controlling blood rushes :) hope Ive kept that clean enough to post!!

Another was a THames Valley custody suite, detective came in to ask if we had any tool he could borrow to remove jewellery from a nutter we could hear head butting the cell door... Mr knipex helped out, asked if he could avoid getting blood on it. The bloke was marched past the door trussed up, head was covered in blood. Thick steel door + head not good.

1989- helped at a hospital in East London, was a scorching hot day and we were up and down out to van and back through the gardens...lunchtime a load of nurses were there on the grass (and this is the truth) lying with their knees up so all you could see was how little else they had on under thier uniform! One was turquiose knickers! Nearly passed out as was a young lad then and not too good at controlling blood rushes :) hope Ive kept that clean enough to post!!

Personably I would have preferred the x-rated version, but then again I’m eager and sluttish….lol :D

Reply to Wheres the most interesting place you worked in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock