Search the forum,

Discuss Amendment number 2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amendment 1 cannot be downloaded as a free download, it was republished in the book.

Amendment 2 can be downloaded directly from the IET, you will need to register a free account with them to access it.

IET Wiring Regulations updates - IET Electrical

That`s great. I have an account, i was just a bit concerned about whether the free download was acceptable for assessment purposes as i know that you are not supposed to print it

That`s great. I have an account, i was just a bit concerned about whether the free download was acceptable for assessment purposes as i know that you are not supposed to print it

As long as you possess it and apply it then it doesn't matter if it's on yer phone, tablet or in paper in front of you.

Amendment 1 cannot be downloaded as a free download, it was republished in the book.

Amendment 2 can be downloaded directly from the IET, you will need to register a free account with them to access it.
IET Wiring Regulations updates - IET Electrical

thanks man..i thought maybe any one from the elec forum members have them on the PDF so i can print..i have red book on the coil bound and i thought to print amendments and put there..

any one have them on PDF or where i can got them in PDF...

thanks man..i thought maybe any one from the elec forum members have them on the PDF so i can print..i have red book on the coil bound and i thought to print amendments and put there..

any one have them on PDF or where i can got them in PDF...

You have an out of date on site guide and that's it ?

You need to be purchasing the current regs and current on site guide, then downloading amendment 2 to fold up and wedge in the back of section 7.

You have an out of date on site guide and that's it ?

You need to be purchasing the current regs and current on site guide, then downloading amendment 2 to fold up and wedge in the back of section 7.

no..its not out of date my BS 7671 wiring regulation and OSG..i know now its that green book but no one say the red book its out of date..just i dont have amendment 1 & 2.. if i can download and printing amendment 1 & 2 i can replace on my wiring regulation book and my book become last edition..

Mate the Red ones are out of date

You now have to purchase the green ones which have amendment No1 2011 incorporated then download Amendment No 2 and the corregendum june 2013 free download of IET and printable which replaces section 710 Medical locations in the green version for the changes to your NEW Green BS7671

If you dont have these you will get a non conformance and have to then send proof off purchase easier to just buy them as theyre the ones you need to be working from

I did not need it anyway, as i just had my ELECSA assessment and it was not asked for.
Really nice guy John Wormald. Really put me at ease. Passed with an A.
Good job because i felt quite anxious these past few days, i was walking my dogs at 3:30am as i could not sleep.
He got me to do:
Ze
Zs and rcd trip on a socket

Asked me about drilling/notching joists
IP rating for zone 2 of a bathroom
Where to find the max Zs value for a Btype 32 amp mcb
How to select a cable for a particular rating of shower
Checked my PEB`S on gas and water
Got me to demonstrate/explain safe isolation, testing of a ring circuit
Ze values on TT, TN-S, TN-C-S
Scrutinised my paperwork for a consumer unit change
Asked to see my qualification/certificates
Public liability
Where i would put smoke alarms in a domestic setting
Socket and switch heights on a new build
Safe zones
RCD trip times

Talked about contracts and risk assessments

Hi mate John Is my assessor had him for last 3 years and due to see him again. I have just got my renewal on 23rd december of all days, wouldnt mind but payment was taken on 10th Oct lol so theyre still running behind it seems
The Questions are similar each year but its more like jsut a informal chat while he throws a few questions in lol

John is a nice guy and easy to talk to if only I had known it was him I could have helped to put your mind at ease
are you saying he didnt ask to see BS7671 2008 Amendemnt No1 2011 ( the Green Version) thats unusual as I had to show it to him last year He is a nice chap though had As on all mine so far so fingers crossed will Be a A awarded again no non conformancies just what we like to here well done mate

I did not need it anyway, as i just had my ELECSA assessment and it was not asked for.
Really nice guy John Wormald. Really put me at ease. Passed with an A.
Good job because i felt quite anxious these past few days, i was walking my dogs at 3:30am as i could not sleep.
He got me to do:
Ze
Zs and rcd trip on a socket

Asked me about drilling/notching joists
IP rating for zone 2 of a bathroom
Where to find the max Zs value for a Btype 32 amp mcb
How to select a cable for a particular rating of shower
Checked my PEB`S on gas and water
Got me to demonstrate/explain safe isolation, testing of a ring circuit
Ze values on TT, TN-S, TN-C-S
Scrutinised my paperwork for a consumer unit change
Asked to see my qualification/certificates
Public liability
Where i would put smoke alarms in a domestic setting
Socket and switch heights on a new build
Safe zones
RCD trip times

Talked about contracts and risk assessments

Not much chance to talk about interesting things then, like beer, birds and football! How times have changed since i left Elecsa. I did have John once, and he carted a cobbled together test rig into my dining room! and made me do some testing.

Cheers……………..Howard

Hi brucelee, i had BS7671 2008 Amendemnt No1 2011 ( the Green Version) readily available and i used it during the assessment, it was amendment number 2 i was enquiring about in my Op.
That`s exactly how it was with John, just like an informal chat.

Reply to Amendment number 2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back