Discuss BS number/ Zs MCCB help? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

You really need the data sheet for MCCB as they are not as standardised as MCB or BS88 fuses. Also for any adjustable MCCB you need to take in to account the settings in use.

Merlin Gerin are now part of Schneider so it is probably worth asking their technical help line for the info.

As a rough guide MCCB are often comparable to D-curve MCB, hence quite a low Zs if you need to meet 0.4s final circuit ADS.

You really need the data sheet for MCCB as they are not as standardised as MCB or BS88 fuses. Also for any adjustable MCCB you need to take in to account the settings in use.

Merlin Gerin are now part of Schneider so it is probably worth asking their technical help line for the info.

As a rough guide MCCB are often comparable to D-curve MCB, hence quite a low Zs if you need to meet 0.4s final circuit ADS.

Thanks for your reply. I've spoken with Schneider and they have informed me that the BS number is IEC947-2 which I believe is the equivalent of BS EN 60947-2.
They have also provided me with a table for max Zs for compact range of merlin gerlin. Due to the age of these MCCB's there is limited data they can provide me.
Only issue is the C161N range MCCB doesn't show D63a Zs, however it does show D80a at 0.36. If I can achieve 0.36 or less, then in theory a D63a would have a higher max Zs anyway. This is my thinking correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll attach the file if this helps anyone else after max Zs for merlin gerlin compact range.

Attachments

• Zs Values Compact C.pdf
    168.7 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for your reply. I've spoken with Schneider and they have informed me that the BS number is IEC947-2 which I believe is the equivalent of BS EN 60947-2.
OK good to hear!

They have also provided me with a table for max Zs for compact range of merlin gerlin. Due to the age of these MCCB's there is limited data they can provide me.
Only issue is the C161N range MCCB doesn't show D63a Zs, however it does show D80a at 0.36. If I can achieve 0.36 or less, then in theory a D63a would have a higher max Zs anyway. This is my thinking correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll attach the file if this helps anyone else after max Zs for merlin gerlin compact range.
It seems the 125 frame has virtually the same Zs for 100A & 125A versions as the 161 frame, so it would be reasonable to assume the 63A version of a 161 frame MCCB would be similar to the 125 frame 63A = 0.4 ohms / 0.55 ohms. But for sure no lower Zs than the 80A one tabulated!

Reply to BS number/ Zs MCCB help? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net