Discuss Heating programmer help please....? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Changing my heating/water programmer and im stuck on the wiring ive gone from a danfoss to a Drayton and the wiring description is different ive had a go at what I think is correct but now when the heating is on and hot water off the hot water is still calling, and when I have just hot water on the heating comes on also. Ive attached a couple of pics of the old one and new one can anyone tell me which numbers on old ones go where on new one.
Thanks in advance..
Peter.

Attachments

• IMG_9914.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9915.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9916.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
L & N are obvious.
Blue 3 Old to 1 New.
Yellow 1 Old to 3 New
Red 4 Old to 4 New
Brown 5 Old to L New
Links L-2-5 Not Required

Presumably fully pumped?

There is a red 'jumper link' in the new programmer set for fully pumped which is fine as the wiring is consistent with a fully pumped system.

Yes, gravity mode is not used much now, (thank goodness) it was for old systems where the hot water from the boiler convection circulates to the hot water cylinder through large pipes, without the need for a pump. The pump only being used for pushing the water through the radiators. This is not an efficient system design and many systems rely on the boiler thermostat to set the hot water temperature.

All the link does in gravity mode is ensure the hot water relay is switched on all the time the heating relay is on, or the heating pump would run without the boiler being switched on.

In fully pumped mode the hot water and heating relays operate independently.

Reply to Heating programmer help please....? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor...
Replies
Views
A question if I may before I dive in. I have an old gravity fed CH system which thanks to members here in the past - works very well. It has a...
Replies
Views
I have two supplies into a new horstman e7 box, 1 from the offpeak water heating one from standard tariff boost do both suppies go to 1 and 2, 4...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock