Discuss Any recommendations for a light weight electric screwdriver? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

How long have you had it? Any problems so far?
[automerge]1567342246[/automerge]
Thanks as usual for the input guys.... however i have ignored you all and gone for something else! No offence:D.

I would have bought the Wiha speedE as even with that price tag it looks as though within a month or 2 it could have paid for itself. However, amazon has 3 reviews on it and 2 of them are very poor. I believe one of the reviews is by @NDG Elecs . I'd be interested to hear if you ever got your Wiha back NDG, and if so are you happy with it now, any more problems, do you use it lots?

I have gone for cheap and cheerful this time TACKLIFE Electric Screwdriver, 3.6V Screwdriver Drill Set 2000mAh Li-on 3 Flexible Positions and 6 Torque Setting with 31pcs Bonus Bits, Front and Rear Lam in a Storage Box -SDH13DC: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cordless-Screwdriver-Tacklife-Lithium-Ion-Positions/dp/B01N0ZGIG0
@happyhippydad
Exactly the one I use mate, its a good little thing :)

I'm sure there was a thread on here recently which heartily endorsed the use of an impact driver for those delicate screws...NOT!

I really like this, though...
I'm looking at this one now and liking it. Are there any that are made for the UK as they all seem to have 110v chargers?

this is the one i use, v happy with it

I'm sure there was a thread on here recently which heartily endorsed the use of an impact driver for those delicate screws...NOT!

I really like this, though...

I like it too. Indeed, I like it so much that I want one myself!

So I decided to do a bit of digging to find out more about the product. Here's what I found:

The product used in the video is the DCF682N1. This model appears to have been manufactured for the US market hence its scarcity this side of the pond. However, it's available on eBay and can be imported for a total outlay of around £74.00. If you prefer to buy from a UK-based seller, you'll need to shell-out just under £110.00. But that shouldn't be a problem considering the amount of treasure that you will have accumulated from your plundering expeditions.:)

The UK version of the tool is the DCF682G1. It can be purchased from eBay for £114.95.

Then there's the DCF680G2. Mister Worker have them in stock. £96.99 plus £4.60 postage.

I particularly like the feature that allows the screwdriver to morph into a drill! Neat!!

Last edited:
I like it too. Indeed, I like it so much that I want one myself!

So I decided to do a bit of digging to find out more about the product. Here's what I found:

The product used in the video is the DCF682N1. This model appears to have been manufactured for the US market hence its scarcity this side of the pond. However, it's available on eBay and can be imported for a total outlay of around £74.00. If you prefer to buy from a UK-based seller, you'll need to shell-out just under £110.00. But that shouldn't be a problem considering the amount of treasure that you will have accumulated from your plundering expeditions.:)

The UK version of the tool is the DCF682G1. It can be purchased from eBay for £114.95.

Then there's the DCF680G2. Mister Worker have them in stock. £96.99 plus £4.60 postage.

I particularly like the feature that allows the screwdriver to morph into a drill! Neat!!
That's some good digging.

They all seem to have the same European charger though, i.e. 2 prongs rather than 3. I guess this Isn't a problem as you just use a UK plug converter but I am not sure having never used one.

Just as a bit extra.. the last 2 digits/letters of the model number relate to the number of batteries you get with it and if it is the 7.2v or 8v model.

n1 = 8v with 1 battery
g1 = 7.2v with 1 batteries
n2 = 8v with 2 batteries
g2 = 7.2v with 2 batteries.

The 680 looks slightly better than the 682 model having a brighter LED and being able to make it into a pistol grip, but they both look good.

My only question is, does dewalt do a UK charger that would charge the batteries that come with this item?

I have got a green 7.2 volt bosch superb had for over 8 years still going strong variable torque. also purchased the little blue bosch above good but you have to get used to the (push on screw activates the electric) still ok when you get used to it.
try cheapo ones first is best.

Just got myself one of these, got mine for £200 delivered!

Works really well for the purpose designed for. backbox screws and terminal screws are a revelation as the motor winds the screw in, they you just give it the final tug to your desired tightness. Removal the the same, give it a tug, then the motor takes over.

Not cheap the worth it :)

Just got myself one of these, got mine for £200 delivered!

Works really well for the purpose designed for. backbox screws and terminal screws are a revelation as the motor winds the screw in, they you just give it the final tug to your desired tightness. Removal the the same, give it a tug, then the motor takes over.

Not cheap the worth it :)
that's some serious piece of kit.
PSSST. don't let pete999 see this. he's due to go to elex (closely followed by the divorce court if he buys one).:(:(:(

this is the one i use, v happy with it
I have just bought this one. I obviously can't vouche for its longevity but It certainly does the job.

It has 2 buttons, one for clockwise one for anti clockwise. It has a light and it is more of a screwdriver size and shape compared to the others. It is simple which is perfect.

I really don't think the Wiha is worth the additional £200 compared to this one.

According to what I have read about Wiha 1000-Volt Slotted and Phillips Insulated Screwdriver Set, I think this can be of a great use to you. The reason I hand-picked it from the crowd is that unlike many other tools, Wiha screwdriver is tested against 10,000v so you're fully protected with this screwdriver.

The best part of it is that it is available at an affordable price too and you can get hands on it just for $32.

Have spare time? Check out this whole list of screwdrivers for electricians along with their reviews & descriptions & decide which one is appearing seemly to you: Best Screwdriver Set For Electricians In 2020 (Top Picks) - https://budgetreviews.net/best-screwdriver-set-for-electricians/

Last years thread. Not too old. Still warm when it comes to resurrecting old threads.

I’ve got a wiha speede.... a “free” gift for joining an online community, following advice on here. Not used it a great deal, very little torque.... but others in the community are 50/50 whether it’s any good.

Main good point is the range of slim screwdriver bits fit my wiha torque driver.

Thanks for your warm-up reply & the suggestion.

Unfortunately, the screwdriver you have talked about is not available in the Amazon US version. And even I tried to know if it can be shipped to me via the official site but all in vain.

I'd be glad to know if you have any better suggestions for the best screwdriver for repairing smartphones?

Thanks for your warm-up reply & the suggestion.

Unfortunately, the screwdriver you have talked about is not available in the Amazon US version. And even I tried to know if it can be shipped to me via the official site but all in vain.

I'd be glad to know if you have any better suggestions for the best screwdriver for repairing smartphones?
I got a wiha speede for 75 quid delivered by joining their pro tool club. After a few weeks I can honestly say it isn't worth 7.50. It is absolutely awful, even on the lowest torque settings. Waste of money and now lies in the van only to be seen on the next clearout.

Reply to Any recommendations for a light weight electric screwdriver? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock