Discuss Anyone remember these in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yes, loads of them.

Taking out though, not putting in!

Before anyone comments....
Still taking them out now remembered all the numbers on the Crabtree range from the 70’s.
2g sockets 2306..1g 2304 I’ll stop there...lockdown makes you do funny things.

I think my parent's out building still has one of those round "Lincoln" style switches for the light, works perfectly!

Back when Crabtree made quality stuff! I see they have made their 13a switch fused spurs even crapper than they were when they changed the design a few years ago. If they make the terminals any smaller I'm going to have to get a magnifying glass just to see them. What is the matter with these manufacturers, what are they thinking?!?!
I've got some more Crabtree stuff boxed up somewhere, including some nice porcelain celling roses with burgundy fabric flexes.Anyone remember these crabtree - EletriciansForums.net

quite a few houses still have the 1 and 2g Crabtree toggle switches , you couid get matching single and double sockets iirc

Around here many houses were built with Crabtree light switches and MK sockets. MK seems to be more popular, I've got loads of old MK stuff here.

For heaven sake Dint bin red and black T&e , 2.5 fetches about £1 per meter, I recently saw a full unopened 100m roll of red/black sell for £150

For heaven sake Dint bin red and black T&e , 2.5 fetches about £1 per meter, I recently saw a full unopened 100m roll of red/black sell for £150
Got a couple of new reels of that on the shelf new, as well - been there at the back for decades. It's some stuff of dubious origin that was all I could get during some copper crisis.

Got a couple of new reels of that on the shelf new, as well - been there at the back for decades. It's some stuff of dubious origin that was all I could get during some copper crisis.

i would be tempted to whack it on eBay as a cash on collection job lot , if you want it gone from your garage then start at a fairly low auction price and see what it goes for

but remember strictly cash on collection

Reply to Anyone remember these in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock