Discuss Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Have you rung the manufactures help line?

Yer I've spoken to them, they simply recommended replacing the engine. As I have no documentation for the device so I have no serial number. The property was a new build about 5 years ago and there was no manuals or receipt handed over (I have them all for the dishwasher etc). Aqualisa couldn't find a registration in their db for the address so it's not been registered with them.

Have you rung the manufactures help line?

Yer I've spoken to them, they simply recommended replacing the engine. As I have no documentation for the device so I have no serial number. The property was a new build about 5 years ago and there was no manuals or receipt handed over (I have them all for the dishwasher etc). Aqualisa couldn't find a registration in their db for the address so it's not been registered with them.

Hi OP

How did you resolve the problem? I have got the same problem with mine.
Have a look at the small PCB behind the start button in the cover. You may see a small black patch of thermal damage. This is a common fault with these showers, the symptom being the thing starts but cuts off immediately. Unfortunately Aqualisa only supply either complete new covers or the complete engine. Both cost around a hundred quid.
I now avoid Aqualisa quartz electric showers, unreliable and expensive to repair.

Have a look at the small PCB behind the start button in the cover. You may see a small black patch of thermal damage. This is a common fault with these showers, the symptom being the thing starts but cuts off immediately. Unfortunately Aqualisa only supply either complete new covers or the complete engine. Both cost around a hundred quid.
I now avoid Aqualisa quartz electric showers, unreliable and expensive to repair.

I was having exactly the same issue as OP with my shower - opened up for front panel and PCB had obvious brown/black burns - thank you for this advice, I can now buy a replacement front cover instead of a whole new unit :)

Well I bought a new build house in 2012 from taylor wimpey and there was an aqualisa quartz 9.5KW shower installed. Within a year the pcb had failed so got a new front cover under warranty .( as 2 year warranty from house warranty) ..that one lasted till 2019 ..wow ,,then failed so got another from DHS spares ..that has lasted till now ( 3 years).....so i'm about to replace the original cover for a third time in 10 years .
Why on earth cant they sort out the PCB?
Also had to replace the engine once ...you know its the engine is kaputt when a trickle of water/steam come out the shower head
My advice ....Forget Aqualisa unless you want to cough £70 o £100 every few years1

Hi All

I have an issue with my shower and I suspect it's the solenoid.
The original fault is that the shower either wouldn't switch on at all, or it very briefly powers on, see video

I removed the front panel and as you can see below, manually pressing the plastic arm starts the water flowing, and it is heated too (i know the danger of using the shower in that state whilst live) so there is no issue with power reaching the unit.

I suspect that the faulty part is the solenoid, but is the part (arrowed below) actually the solenoid, as it doesn't look like other I've seen?

Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

And if so where can i purchase a replacement? P/N FW343A1P1

Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Many thanks

View attachment 48284

View attachment 48285

did you fix it ??? i have exactly the same issue, i have measure 240ac going to that board behind the switch, the switch works and measureable components seem to do what they are supposed to. I havent measured the voltage going out the solenoid yet, thats next, but it looks just like your problem ... fingers crossed. and thanks in advance. Graham

Thanks to radiohead and robttf for the extra information, but I wonder what the answer for Kippo was?
I have been experiencing the same problem with a friend's Aqualisa Quartz that is only just out of warrantee.

Cannot view your videos for some reason but had a similar problem with one of these in the past. I cannot remember exactly but seem to remember there were a couple of spring loaded plastic caps inside the thing which were packed with some sort of grease that had gone solid. Cleaning it all out and regreasing with Vaseline sorted it out.

Reply to Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock