Search the forum,

Discuss Bedroom Ceiling Fan - Isolation? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

If I'm fitting a ceiling fan in the bedroom off the lighting circuit then do I need any more isolation than switching off the lighting circuit at the fuse box?

One set of instructions telling me I need a double pole isolator which I could understand in a bathroom or commercial but seems OTT in a domestic bedroom.

Thanks for any help!

If the manufacturers instructions tell you to fit a double pole isolator then I would fit one.

totally pointless fitting isolator, assuming the unit is switched from the light switch.

Thanks for the replies. Realistically just me being dumb!

Just needs the wall controller switch to be 3 amp fused double pole....

Dooh....

If it ''needs'' fusing, then the manufacturer should have provided that protection. I have ceiling fans in all my bedrooms controlled by the wall switch and remote controller. I suggest you do the same!! lol!!

If it ''needs'' fusing, then the manufacturer should have provided that protection. I have ceiling fans in all my bedrooms controlled by the wall switch and remote controller. I suggest you do the same!! lol!!

Thanks for that. I've not bought one yet - just making sure I don't have to do any addtional channels later.

Seems that the instructions online are making something simple need more work than necessary.....

Case closed!

In most cases these fans are replacements for the center light so it would have a switched live from the door as isolation and a means of turning it on and off unless like mine its on a remote, but as someone has already said, follow the instruction and if is says its needs a 3amp fuse and a isolator then it will have to be done in case something goes wrong later on then you will be covered, BTW a fuse can be inline inside with the cable connections if you don't want to see it.

Reply to Bedroom Ceiling Fan - Isolation? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock