Search the forum,

Discuss BS7671 help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hogshaw

Can anybody help me source BS7671 I'm looking for a section somewhere which explains what all needs RCD protection on a TNCS electric installation system thanks

You mean upfront protection? As far as I know it would only be TT systems that would require this if the Ze is too high to guarantee disconnect times in the case of an earth fault.

You are conducting an EICR and you don't own a copy of the regs ?

What coding will you apply to the circuits that are not RCD protected once you find the correct section in the regs to reference to ?

Yes but not the amendment in 2011 only the red regs

You are going to need a current copy of the regs if you have any hope of studying for this course. That's the best advice I can give you really. No point in me telling you the sections if you can't look them up and verify for yourself.

If you only hold a copy of the red regs without amendments how do you know for the last few yrs if your work has complied ... you have had plenty time to get them. An up to date copy of the regs should be your priority purchase and your main reference point in order to do your job.

The issue here now is the 3rd amendment is due out and getting the green book would be a cost that only has a short term benefit as you will need to get the next version later this year, but to work to the correct regs you need to buy the green.

Am I being particularly stupid?
Don’t these courses require you to have a copy of the current regulations?

Lifted from one of those training sites we all love to hate.*
“This course is intended specifically for experienced electricians or installers.”
How the hell did you get on it?

*I’ll have to sanitize the keyboard, mouse and monitor now.

Am I being particularly stupid?
Don’t these courses require you to have a copy of the current regulations?

Lifted from one of those training sites we all love to hate.*
“This course is intended specifically for experienced electricians or installers.”
How the hell did you get on it?

*I’ll have to sanitize the keyboard, mouse and monitor now.
tony that is just to cover themselfs, they let anyone on these courses that are willing to pay

Reply to BS7671 help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back