Currently reading:
buired t&e

Discuss buired t&e in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BES

hello people
Went to job today old couple detached garage built approx 10 yrs ago. Tncs, no extraneous parts in garage. 2way 1x6a 1x16a rcd cu in garage supplying 1 flouresent,outside lamp post light and 3 2g sockets. Problem ive got is the supply to garage is 2.5 t&e buired in pvc conduit with no idea which way its run could be under pathway or under lawn ? and it fed from spur of ring. All they want is replace faulty flouresent and install 2 more and install photo cell so lampost light comes on at night as switch is in garage.No rcd protection at cu old wylex cu with plug in mcbs. The t&e needs ripping out and replacing with swa and dont like spurs feeding submains rather have it on own circuit fron cu. Problem is old story old couple not much money so doing what should be done is not on. Dont want to turn down work especialy as things are do you think note on cert advising on upgrading cable and new cu would suffice. Zs and Ir ok.
cheers neil

I understand your concerns BES. The conduit may be damaged, 6" under the ground and full of water. Just out of interest, does the cable move in the conduit? If so, you could pull in a length of Hi-tuff. That would certainly give me piece of mind.

If a short run could you by pass underground condo & surface cleat some Swa. If only 3/4 metres, cost is nowt? Might not look so bad? Hard to say as cannae see the devil's detail!

I like the pulling through another cable idea.

Reply to buired t&e in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock