Discuss buired t&e in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

you're adding a couple of lights to an existing installation, your work is RCD protected, correct OCPD, what's the problem.

An important thing to bear in mind is "what if something goes wrong?" If you're last man on site, you're responsible.
Where do you draw the line on something not being right and carrying our work?

You are only responsible for what you do!! Not the whole install.
Where does this keep coming from?? lol

If it was one deviation, I'd be tempted to make a note in comments. But when you've got several probs, might be time to walk away.

if he walks away, some cowboy will do it for £30, probably bodge it and make it less safe.

Jdd
Not worried out that as i didnt install cable and not against regs just bad pratice ,as said by others was going to do job and make note on cert but just wanted to ask the opion of others.

Sorry if my post seems negative, I'm just aware that, TNCS system outside can be very dangerous if supply neutral is lost, but you're the man on site who's got to make the decision, I might even make the same decision as you if It was my job.

just have to do the best job you can and make them aware that improvement is needed.

I understand your concerns BES. The conduit may be damaged, 6" under the ground and full of water. Just out of interest, does the cable move in the conduit? If so, you could pull in a length of Hi-tuff. That would certainly give me piece of mind.

wasa nthat idea to run the garage on guitar strings, in singles, of course?

Reply to buired t&e in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
I have a two metre length of 2.5mm T&E running from the loft to a spur under galvanised metal capping (installed during building). Its needs...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock