Discuss City and Guilds 236 Parts 1 and 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

They're similar. The Apprenticeship is the 5357 and takes you all the way to AM2 and the gold card.

Taking the L2 2365/ L3 2365/8202 route means you'd need to complete a portfolio for the NVQ and enter the AM2 yourself.

Have read the whole thread from begining to end, and am still non the wizer..... also did my C&G's 236 A, B and my trade test back in the 80's, worked in the industry for many years including my own company for 15, moved here to the UK, did my 18th edition exam and passed, worked for another 2 years here then Covid got me shafted out... now teaching in college for the last 2 years and they asked me if my qualifications are equal to a NVQ level 3? Can anyone please say "Yes" or "No" ? :)

Have read the whole thread from begining to end, and am still non the wizer..... also did my C&G's 236 A, B and my trade test back in the 80's, worked in the industry for many years including my own company for 15, moved here to the UK, did my 18th edition exam and passed, worked for another 2 years here then Covid got me shafted out... now teaching in college for the last 2 years and they asked me if my qualifications are equal to a NVQ level 3? Can anyone please say "Yes" or "No" ? :)

I was turned down for a job through indeed because I didn't have NVQ level 3 even though it didn't exist when I was a lad. I was later informed by a colleague that the course I did, 236 parts 1 & 2, was a lot harder and more involved than the level 3. I know this doesn't really answer your question. Just saying

I was turned down for a job through indeed because I didn't have NVQ level 3 even though it didn't exist when I was a lad. I was later informed by a colleague that the course I did, 236 parts 1 & 2, was a lot harder and more involved than the level 3. I know this doesn't really answer your question. Just saying
I concur! Now teach 2365 Level 1, 2 and 3's and 5357 Appys theory and practical, believe me... they have NO clue! ... Nothing like the 236 we did. My trade test was at the examination centre over 4 days, 7:30 to 5 pm, and every second was used to try see if you didnt know something. Not sure how to solve this, even tried NARIC and they said they cant give me a comparitive qualification as this IS a UK Qalification, even if I wrote them in the colonies (Rhodesia) :)

i found a file on the IET website (recently)that does a comparison of qualification's and 236 1 and 2 equate to a nvq level 3

You Champion! So according to the IET, our 236 Part B’s are equivalent to a NVQ 3! And that excludes the passing the Electrical Trade Test on top of that! At lase the question is answered!! Thanks for your help! :D :D
glad some one managed to get a working link for you, but what is the Electrical Trade Test for ?

Reply to City and Guilds 236 Parts 1 and 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock