Currently reading:
Cowboy electricians and trading standards.

Discuss Cowboy electricians and trading standards. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Had a electrician come and do some work for me.Few powerpoints and fit electric shower in from scratch.Anyway halfway through Npower came round to read meter and the guy said the wires were wrong colour and wrong size. I immediately confronted the cowboy who previous had shown me a nic card and warned me against cowboys himself (He turned out to be unqualified) He had told me previously &nbsp;he was part P and a nic member.&nbsp;<br><br>I went to trading standards who just messed me around for few months ,l even showed them the advertisement he was using claiming to be part of nic but i still had to chase them around for feed back.<br><br>In the end this cowboy deleted his web site etc and the trading standards officer told me on the phone that there is not much he can do because ideally &nbsp;the safety officers from trading standards should come out and inspect but it's &nbsp;hard to make them do anything.He also said you do not need to be qualified to set yourself up as an electrician and said i could start work that afternoon as a electrician and work on people's houses. He spoke about Canada etc where it's different and electricians need to be qualified. ( I have the full phone call recording) Was the trading standards officer telling the truth ? He said it only becomes a crime if its proven he lied about being part of a trading body.<div><br><br></div>

Reply to Cowboy electricians and trading standards. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back