Currently reading:
earth loop tester

Discuss earth loop tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
getting one of these for my shop miqqUkq6gcPssZqqIAMZK3A.jpgearth loop tester
and have to train the apprentices with it'
only bad thing is my bean counter boss wont pay for one so i have to buy it myself.

just so he knows it will be my personal property and i take it with me when i retire

getting one of these for my shopView attachment 26469earth loop tester
and have to train the apprentices with it'
only bad thing is my bean counter boss wont pay for one so i have to buy it myself.

just so he knows it will be my personal property and i take it with me when i retire

So you are buying a loop tester to use on your bosses job, because he is to tight to get one himself, I won't say what I think, I don't want to seem rude, but surely he should be supplying all your testing gear?

Are you saying that your company has no Earth Loop tester to it's name?? Jesus!!!

Oh, just realised you're in the States, and installation testing isn't that high on the agenda, well until something goes wrong or bang that is!! How many American Sparks would you say owned a ELI tester gnuuser, not many would be my educated guess ??

I'd say that in the UK, every self employed electrician would/need to own a test kit that was capable of conducting earth loop and PSCC tests. Employed electricians would all generally have access to test kit incorporating an earth loop testing facility....

i dont know about other sparks but i always test and bell out circuits before a panel change
including IR testing
our soil is generally high moisture content but we are required to sink a certain number of earth rods per size of panel and service
previously only the linesman did any form of earth testing
its only recently that governing agencies have started requesting earth loop tests
in my opinion we should have been doing it a long time ago
yeah my boss is a bit tight fisted but hes learning at the end of osha's boot :grin:
hes not a spark so its a bit of fun trying to convince him on equipment needs

Last edited:
i'm surprised that they could even find the bloody moon, let alone land on it. most americans can't even find the UK on a map.

for a while i was of the opinion that they had just fired the flag up there with a rocket, but then realised that to get 1 hit, they must have fired hundreds.

Wonder how most of the Yank sparks would get on with our working methods?

you know the biggest issue with most of our sparks is their arrogance they refuse to believe that there are better systems and ways of doing things

I am here to learn better methods that is why i joined this forum site
i consider the uk to have the best methods in safety

by the way look at the info in the banner of the quick post
in case you missed it here it is

Please be reminded that if your reply can't help the original poster, it may be seen as pointless and taking the thread off topic. Please make sure what you are about to post is in-keeping with the forum rules, specifically the "be nice" rule. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please. Also note that we urge all members, regular or new, to report any posts that are off-topic, pointless or offensive.

I am not here to be insulted for my nationality!

all that said I dont have to be here to learn this stuff
but i am here none the less so guys consider it an honor that i want to learn from the best

i have adopted a lot of your testing and proving procedures for safety and believe me i take a lot of abuse for from other sparks here in the US

judging a person on heresay and rumors is the grossest form of injustice
I am not like most americans you hear about (the ones you hear about are either rich, famous, or criminal enough to be interesting to the news media)

Yeah, c'mon guys. Please be nice to the foreigners, especially the Americans and the Africans.

Nice chimp by the way Gnuuser, did you retire the Linux penguin?

A better way to remind him it belongs to you would be to charge him every time it's used, I guarantee he won't forget who its rightful owner is that way :).

you know the biggest issue with most of our sparks is their arrogance they refuse to believe that there are better systems and ways of doing things

Please be reminded that if your reply can't help the original poster, it may be seen as pointless and taking the thread off topic. Please make sure what you are about to post is in-keeping with the forum rules, specifically the "be nice" rule. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please. Also note that we urge all members, regular or new, to report any posts that are off-topic, pointless or offensive.

but i am here none the less so guys consider it an honor that i want to learn from the best

i have adopted a lot of your testing and proving procedures for safety and believe me i take a lot of abuse for from other sparks here in the US

I am not like most americans you hear about (the ones you hear about are either rich, famous, or criminal enough to be interesting to the news media)

Good on you for testing your work. I am shocked that it is not done as standard practice. Seems completely bonkers IMO.

Don't take the banter the wrong way mate, it's not meant to be personal or insulting!! Throw a little back if it makes you feel better. You've been around here some time now, so you must of at least got a bit of a handle on British humour... lol!!!

not all that bad
honestly though with some of the twits i have to work with I am highly inclined to agree with you:grin:

went to see a motor in our sister plant that they had just installed
their mechanical engineer got the bright idea to mount it on a rubber pad with grommets (all to damped noise from the blower)
including a rubber sleeve between the duct work and blower
after seeing that i immediately went out to my truck and got 2 bonding straps
and pealed their arse royally for not having them installed:6:
as it was i had to discharge the static charge it had built up before anyone could touch it.

a good mechanical engineer but absolutely no clue about electrical issues( or else didnt pay attention in school)

its only in the past year that there has been a lot of updated training being sent out concerning bonding and grounding
I tend to be up to date on all new info as i actively search it out
but as i stated before there are a few stubborn dolts that dont like things to change
my only problem with them is that their idiocy could get someone innocent hurt or killed

Reply to earth loop tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock