Discuss Electrical car charging point installation in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Watching that video just confirms what I thought, the earthing requirements in the Car charging Regs are An absolute crock and totally poorly thought out and impractical and until they come up with a solution for all chargers to be able to safely connect to PME then it’s just not safe to do it

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Especially at night, which for many people (current situation excepted) is when the car is at home rather than the office car park,

I have heard so many people say ‘why haven’t they thought of putting solar panels on top of the cars to power them, its so simple’

just got to laugh!

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron

I have heard so many people say ‘why haven’t they thought of putting solar panels on top of the cars to power them, its so simple’

just got to laugh!

But the perfect solution for keeping batteries charged up during daylight hours. Car manufacturers really need to get this in place. Also it would reduce demand on the power supply infrastructure.

Reply to Electrical car charging point installation in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net