Failed AM2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Failed AM2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparkypid

Hi all

had my am2 recently, failed on the earth loop test.

Passed es everything else no bother

apparently after doing my Ze I never put the cover back on the board before doing my Zs's didn't think about it because I was in a little booth, I real life I would have to leave the DB to find the end of line somewhere, so my fault. Pretty annoyed as I would have passed first time.

Just wanted to to ask a question as I have a re sit in a couple of weeks

theres two three phase circuits, a sockets and a motor.

i have space on the test cert, to do a r1+r2 for each phase and also a Zs on each phase. Should I put it down individually or, just use the highest value over all three.

Also so the maximum demand of the DB I just added up the individual breakers which came to 90amp, the supply was 100a is that correct?

Thanks.

Hi all

apparently after doing my Ze I never put the cover back on the board before doing my Zs's didn't think about it because I was in a little booth, I real life I would have to leave the DB to find the end of line somewhere, so my fault. Pretty annoyed as I would have passed first time.

i have space on the test cert, to do a r1+r2 for each phase and also a Zs on each phase. Should I put it down individually or, just use the highest value over all three.

Also so the maximum demand of the DB I just added up the individual breakers which came to 90amp, the supply was 100a is that correct?

Thanks.
treat each line on the test sheet as a seperate phase.

e.g. sp equipment on one line and tpn equipment on three.

in the real world most would just put the highest down but go overboard.

use the comments section and note down max zs for that circuit etc as well.

it proves that you checked etc

Last edited:
Max demand for
3 phase motor = FLC
If sockets are 3 individual 1 phase circuits per phase 100% 1st 40% 2nd and 40% 3rd. (per phase)
You need to factor in diversity for the connected loads.
Adding up all the breakers ratings is going to give you unrealistic real world values.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

Thanks.
Crikey, that was a shock then, good luck next time fella.

Reply to Failed AM2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net