Currently reading:
furious!! call me Mr McFury

Discuss furious!! call me Mr McFury in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

my phone has been off since friday (personal phone), got a txt yesterday when i turned it on sayin that there was callouts and that my phone should be switched on and charged!

1. there isnt an on call rota even though ive mentioned it
2. ive been doing the callouts for about 3 months prior, no time off at xmas and about 30 callouts over 20december to 6th jan
3. dont get paid a retainer to be on standby

i thought i would be calmer when i woke u today but do you lot think i should stick this job where the sun doesnt shine? been offered a new start on monday so got another job to go to

i want to gain more experience in the industrial/commercial side of things and be competent in all fields to an extent where i can start up my own business

just had 3 more missed calls and a text telling me to make up my own worksheets for friday, they just made my mind up for me lol, was going to negotiate possibly but no way am i staying to be treated like a slave

they tried calling one of the other sparkies for a callout before xmas whilst he was in hospital waiting for his child to be born, he got some angry texts and moaned at for that, unbelievable
Reckon this Boss of yours needs a stiff talking to, out of sight

Time to go walkies Mate, defo taking you for a mug to put it bluntly. I would also question, with due respect, whether an Apprentice should be expected to do out of hours emergency work, of course that depends on what type of an Apprenticeship you have, one where the Bloke who employs you has registered you as an Apprentice with legitimate paperwork etc, or he is employing to get the most he can out of you, until you reach the stage in your training, where you consider yourself qualified, the later sounds about right in this case.
Just had a read through and it looks Pete's hit a nail head, here. I wouldn't be expecting an apprentice to be on call out duty for emergency work.
Is this dodger boss charging electricians' full rate x ? (for out of time work) and paying at an apprentice rate?
....and what is he doing employing qualified sparks and instructing them on electrical matters, presuming he has no personal qualifications?

Just had a read through and it looks Pete's hit a nail head, here. I wouldn't be expecting an apprentice to be on call out duty for emergency work.
Is this dodger boss charging electricians' full rate x ? (for out of time work) and paying at an apprentice rate?
....and what is he doing employing qualified sparks and instructing them on electrical matters, presuming he has no personal qualifications?
paid above jib rates as i have really good references , dont get overtime for any hours just standard rates all the way through

i think he may have been an electrician at one point, but not a very good one , he instructed one of the other boys to put an indoor junction box on an outside lighting circuit and fill it with ordinary silicone, the boy refused as would i.

paid above jib rates as i have really good references , dont get overtime for any hours just standard rates all the way through

i think he may have been an electrician at one point, but not a very good one , he instructed one of the other boys to put an indoor junction box on an outside lighting circuit and fill it with ordinary silicone, the boy refused as would i.

Come across a few of these dipsticks during my career, anything for a cheap job, if you were south of the border, I would reckon I may know who you are talking about lol

Mate id move on and then you will realise how rubbish he was. Talking from experince here. 5 years with privious kunt. Did call outs also for him, working on old reyfield boards live for 70£ a call out. Out of hours work. Had enough. Left him, earning alot more then used to with that kunt.

There is a massive world out there.

Good luck and be positive.

Sounds like you've made up your mind, but like suggested before, you give appropriate notice. Stick to the right way to do stuff, check with local CAB if they can help.
Just check new employer and current one aren't best buddies

if you are paid weekly, then 1 week's notice. and make sure they pay you your week in hand and any holiday pay due.

Reply to furious!! call me Mr McFury in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock