Discuss furious!! call me Mr McFury in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

just to update chaps, ive quit :D
What did Matey say to you elsparko? you did the right thing goodluck for the future, not the sort of person you would want to work for.
When I finished my Apprenticeship, I went to work for one of the blokes that had left and started up on his own.
He was a decent Electrician, but as soon as he started on his own the standards dropped, an example fitting ceiling roses to Plaster board, no noggins just bare board with plaster board nails and in some cases finish plaster, he gained the nickname Kit Karson, who was a famous Cowboy.
Anyhow let us know how you get on in your new job.

What did Matey say to you elsparko? you did the right thing goodluck for the future, not the sort of person you would want to work for.
When I finished my Apprenticeship, I went to work for one of the blokes that had left and started up on his own.
He was a decent Electrician, but as soon as he started on his own the standards dropped, an example fitting ceiling roses to Plaster board, no noggins just bare board with plaster board nails and in some cases finish plaster, he gained the nickname Kit Karson, who was a famous Cowboy.
Anyhow let us know how you get on in your new job.
cheers, ive been asked to go into the office but i have other ideas of how id like to spend my first day off in 6 months lol, need to make a few phonecalls to get myself on site for wednesday at new job, new build school i think it is, never done one before but imagine its an easy commercial project

yeah reputation is everything as a tradesman and i dont want to be associated with delboy, one of the other forum members knows who my boss was as his brother had also worked for delboy

cheers, ive been asked to go into the office but i have other ideas of how id like to spend my first day off in 6 months lol, need to make a few phonecalls to get myself on site for wednesday at new job, new build school i think it is, never done one before but imagine its an easy commercial project

yeah reputation is everything as a tradesman and i dont want to be associated with delboy, one of the other forum members knows who my boss was as his brother had also worked for delboy
If you had gone into the office, I can just imagin the BS he would be spouting, a promise of things will get better, more money, seen it before, you're well out of it Mate

I think you did the right thing. You don't want to get a reputation for "that guy that used to work with _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"

There's a guy around here that for a short time worked with the local cowboy (the one that's got no quals and has had 3+ fires!), this was about 10 years ago.
Unfortunately he's still known around here as "That guy that worked with _ _ _ _ ".

Good luck! I’m guessing you feel relieved at quitting?
The school project (like many now a days) will chance to be wired in LSF T&E on tray or basket, if it is all singles wired in metal trunking and conduit, then that’s a good learning curve for you! Either way it’ll be a good project to get stuck into.

If you had gone into the office, I can just imagin the BS he would be spouting, a promise of things will get better, more money, seen it before, you're well out of it Mate
Or he might have tried to sack him instead of accepting his resignation.

The school project (like many now a days) will chance to be wired in LSF T&E on tray or basket, if it is all singles wired in metal trunking and conduit, then that’s a good learning curve for you!
Thankfully here they are 6491B in steel trunking/conduit. Hopefully that's still the case!

I hate seeing domestic cable being used in non-domestic installations.

If you want to stay there I would discuss your concerns with your employer,ultimately we are all self employed so if you feel you are not valued properly you are free to seek what you feel you are worth elsewhere
He's not self employed just because he pays his own tax. He's still employed and told what to do. If he doesn't want to do those kind of hours, negotiate with the employer. If an agreement can't me made....leave.

How far are you away from your FICA
How was your training officer about you moving?

Hope all works out well
just waiting on a date back but asap, ive been working for agencies for the most part of my 3rd year so my apprenticeship has been slightly different to the normal course, i will have to pay for it out of my pocket rather than sectt paying for 2 goes

Reply to furious!! call me Mr McFury in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net