Discuss Fusebox consumers units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That board is missing the surge protection module, which adds £30+. (they do offer it in another more expensive listing). I assume the RCBOs are also the type AC ones, which are cheaper than type A, again they don't say.

I've looked at this company's prices before, and always found you can do better (e.g. Gil-Lec, or Expert Electrical), but you do need to compare like with like.

The image shows type AC and the price would also reflect this. Gil-Lec/Consumer Unit World and Expert Electrical seem to have ongoing 10% off codes with various Youtube sparks - you can pick your favourite ?

Prices on some components are cheaper with one of the above, with the opposite being true of other components. Invariably something will be temporarily out of stock, which may be the deciding factor when choosing between them.

I need to get out more.

Reply to Fusebox consumers units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’ve always been alright with the knockouts provided for Fusebox consumer units but I’ve got a job coming up where I don’t want to use the large...
Replies
Views
I've been installing Type 2 SPDs in consumer units for several years now, and they always come as a pair, connected across L & E, and across N &...
Replies
Views
I have a fuseboard change I need to do soon I’m putting in a FUSEBOX 7 or 10 way RCBO+ SPD My only concern is how I should run the pyro cables in...
Replies
Views
I'm replacing my consumer unit (well, adding a second one, rewiring the house one circuit at a time, then removing the original one when it's all...
Replies
Views
I wondered if it is OK to have 2 x Main Switches in the same consumer unit. One feeding the RCBOs in the House and one feeding the CU in a garage...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock