Currently reading:
Interesting PIR

Discuss Interesting PIR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just this minute got back from quoting for a full report on a restaurant. Here are some of the photos of the board/s as I found them, in a cupboard at about head height. I especially love the use of a coat hanger as a DIN rail. Enjoy! :D

IMG-20120625-00338.jpgIMG-20120625-00339.jpgIMG-20120625-00340.jpgIMG-20120625-00341.jpgIMG-20120625-00342.jpgIMG-20120625-00343.jpgIMG-20120625-00344.jpgIMG-20120625-00345.jpgIMG-20120625-00346.jpg

Now then, where do I start :D

This is class man, pure class, thing is, unless the place is being refurbed anyway, you know there's no way in hell they gonna stop trading for a week or more so you can sort this crap out.

Possible the I only thing I ever saw that beats this lot is a photo a guy at college showed me a few years back where he'd been to a house and in the place where the CU should have been, was a wooden board with several strips of terminal block mounted on it as the distribution. Only protective device in the house was the 100A cut out. Now that dude deserves a medal for ingenuity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Famous at last!! I just love it when people want to photo my work to savour it in their off time.

Not my finest example, admittedly, that job had a few head starts on it. I took my inspiration from the manufacturers of those DB's that say you can't mix and match...so I took the DB bit away, simples.

I wanted to get some self tap screws into those big fat cables that feed it all for a light in the gents as it was only the other side of the wall and the client didn't want to pay too much for a new wire, but I managed to fix it by cramming some other cables in to a breaker together and used some left over kitchen takeaway foil to plug the gap. Couldn't get a pic of that as the flash kept on reflecting in the foil.

____

Ye Gods! What on earth was somebody thinking?!!!

Reply to Interesting PIR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock