Currently reading:
lock off devices

Discuss lock off devices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davek

Hi all
I am in the need of lock of device for mu part p assessment I have see one but kewtech which is a combination lock.
I don't want to buy a big kit just yet.
any preferences etc.
regards
Dave

wouldn`t need to lock off the incomer...just prove the secondry side is dead...

dont forget...you are going to be in the vicinity during the removal of the busbar

what if you had a dodgy curry the night before, had to dash to the big, in the meantime the apprentice who you had peed off with eggy farts all morning decided enough was enough and turned the switch on, upon arrival back at the board you do not check the main switch as your mind is on the ring sting and bam! Dead!

prophet of doom. anyway i always wear gloves. don't want to leave fingerprints. that could be used against me in court if i ever said " it wasn't me did that dodgy electrical work".

what if you had a dodgy curry the night before, had to dash to the big, in the meantime the apprentice who you had peed off with eggy farts all morning decided enough was enough and turned the switch on, upon arrival back at the board you do not check the main switch as your mind is on the ring sting and bam! Dead!
drop some, leave him to mind the board...then get out of there explaining to him how you thought you`d leave him a bit of company....

i found a big yellow 240v do not touch sticker, somewhere in the skip, printed "Electrician at work, do not touch" on a piece of laminated paper, stuck both onto some plywood, hang them on the consumer unit/distribution board/utility room in question when working somewhere away. did the job for elecsa assesment.

if its THAT big warehouse or industrial facility/nuclear power station i would include my mobile number to be put on the sign.
if some monkey wishes to kill me they will take cover off the board and short the mcb with some wire.

Hi bick
Did look at hem but seem a bit cheap in quality

I have one and use it ( or used to use it ) and it's fine for your normal domestic stuff and maybe commercial as well. It will do all the lad wants it to do for his assessment at least.

It's not as "cheap" & flimsy as it looks - it's a lump of solid extruded aluminium and I think there is more chance of snapping the toggle off the breaker. The weakest point is probably the hasp of the little padlock.

At the end of the day EVERY lock can be defeated by someone who is sufficiently determined to do so.

How far do we want to go with this just to stop someone accidently livening-up a circuit??

We use a panduit kit at work it has a couple of mcb locks as well as lockout devices for valves. We also had to get a couple of plug locks as someone decided to plug in a transformer when a sparks was working on it (transformer on floor below). We use a Lockbox system so if you're working on a system you put your lock on the box and the last lock to come off is the supervisors. Saw locks with an individuals name and picture on them on one site.Not a bad idea as we all have probably come across locks with the tag missing and not known what works ongoing

Hi thanks for all the useful input, getting the kewtech one my daughters just bought it for xmas. Than goodness wont be getting sock and undies again. hope its attached to bottle of baileys lol
cheers
Dave

he wont need to see lock off devices...

he will want to see that you can carry out a safe isolation procedure in a competant manner...

and as far as my post at #7 is concerned....why do you think that the only reason to invest in lock off devices is to impress some assessor someware?

Competent

Somewhere

I suggest you use your ban time to brush up on your spelling son.

Competent

Somewhere

I suggest you use your ban time to brush up on your spelling son.

asebevym.jpg

Reply to lock off devices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock