Discuss lock off devices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davek

Hi all
I am in the need of lock of device for mu part p assessment I have see one but kewtech which is a combination lock.
I don't want to buy a big kit just yet.
any preferences etc.
regards
Dave

to even suggest i am `going to buy an approved lock-off kit`...for my `assessment` is even missing the whole point of carrying out a safe isolation...

since when has being able to carry out (and successfully) acheave a safe isolation been about some half arsed assessment?

i'm old school. take cover off DB. remove feed from OCPD. replace cover. then reinstate after work completed. beats losing the key to the lock off device hands down.

initially it will be spent quite heavy lately so just basics for assessment. have looked at elecsa but just list it no price or pic

to even suggest i am `going to buy an approved lock-off kit`...for my `assessment` is even missing the whole point of carrying out a safe isolation...

since when has being able to carry out (and successfully) acheave a safe isolation been about some half arsed assessment?
Not quite sure what your point is here, I will need to lock off when being assessed, or will be failed from the start

I know that and as part of it you need to have a form of lock off, and as I am starting out on my own there are many tool that I need, so was asking advice on lock offs not my ability to safe isolate.

I know that and as part of it you need to have a form of lock off, and as I am starting out on my own there are many tool that I need, so was asking advice on lock offs not my ability to safe isolate.
he wont need to see lock off devices...

he will want to see that you can carry out a safe isolation procedure in a competant manner...

and as far as my post at #7 is concerned....why do you think that the only reason to invest in lock off devices is to impress some assessor someware?

cheer simons and sparkdog I think I will go wit the kewtch may be it will be going on a wylex consumer unit. from my conversation with Elecsa.One I have done my installation the assessor comes out to inspect an ask me to test it.

cheer simons and sparkdog I think I will go wit the kewtch may be it will be going on a wylex consumer unit. from my conversation with Elecsa.One I have done my installation the assessor comes out to inspect an ask me to test it.
and i bet you it will be a Ze....

so again....why would you need a lock out device if doing a Ze?

as far as dead testing is concerned then you may be asked to get an r1 r2 rn...so check out post #8

Reply to lock off devices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net