Discuss Magnetic door sensor to turn on led light problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mike Blair

ok so what i am trying to do is.

12v led turns on when the door is open and turns off when the door is closed.

But my sensor does it backwards " when the door is open the light turns off and when the door is closed the light turns on... on my tester it shows closed circuit when the magnets are together and open when they are apart does anyone know where i can get a sensor thats the other way around?

Ok this is because the contact is a normally closed security reed switch....first problem is the cannot take much load 10mA max, so will burnt out in no time...The contacts need to be used with electronic logic circuits, if you handy with electronics, i can draw you out a circuit

ahh dam the led im using pull 20mA at 12v :( what my plan was. in the room where my cctv unit is red leds labled with diffrent doors and wire them into the alarm of the cctv so the unit can text me etc. so for example "cam one point and door one. and door one opens the alarm goes of on cam one and it texts me

is there any door sensors you would recommend? kinda new to electronics i covered some in college but not a huge deal of it if you could draw me out a circuit that would be awesome XD

Ok little project may help others here....first how many doors..? and how are you switch cctv by relay or neg switching..?

ok so you want 3 doors to operate the own relay (each door operates a relay)

ok so a circuit board with 3 leds and 3 relays for each door, with 3 sets of terminals to run to each door contact supplied on 12v supply....yes?

any normal security alarm reed switch normally closed, as the circuit will only draw 25 micro Amps....0.025 mA

Drawn the circuit up for you, note that a/b/c are all one 14 pin 4001 (yes changed my mind) The circuit draws only 1 micro Amp in standby, and thus through the contacts. It is the basis of most security alarms. When the mag reed is closed all is ok, open the switch and the led and relay are activated, close the switch and the are de activated. simples, hope this helps

View attachment CCTV Alarm input.pdf

Reply to Magnetic door sensor to turn on led light problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock