Currently reading:
max demand

Discuss max demand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
went to domestic job today where max demand was 236A (around 175A after diversity) main fuse is 100A so demand seems high to me...just wondered when you design what demand do you go to

I got an owl meter from eddies recently.
my house pulls about 300-400w when there isn't much on.
that will be the fridges and freezer then.
most ive seen it draw was 4.5kw when the oven an induction hob were on
oven rated at 3.5kw and induction hob at 7.5kw.
nowhere near it.
I spoke to a engineer from sse recently who said the amount of commercial places wanting 100kw per phase supplies was unreal.
and when such supply is put in the install runs about 15-20kw a phase.
do sse up rate their substations and network cables to accommodate all these 100kw supplies
do they buggery.
its the same network that's been in for years.
most of the outgoing fuses in your local substation will be 400a.
630a at a push.
this will deal with a whole street.As archy says do the calcs and divide by 10 to get somewhere near real running loads

Agree with dcf - my house shows around 300-500W normally. Bit less when kids Playstation and stuff isn't on etc!

Maybe looking over the ''Similar Threads'' at the bottom of this page (All marked up with ''Max Demand'' as the title, or part of the title) will at the very least educate you a little, as to how you would go about initially assessing the max demand of an existing installation....

Maybe looking over the ''Similar Threads'' at the bottom of this page (All marked up with ''Max Demand'' as the title, or part of the title) will at the very least educate you a little, as to how you would go about initially assessing the max demand of an existing installation....
this must have been done ..what....a thousand times eng....you can keep on till your blue in the face about Max. demand & diversity....

common sense has to prevail here.....

Reply to max demand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock