Discuss Milwaukee M12 chuck upgrade? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
Got myself a 10-45mm step drill bit to enlarge a 32mm knockout to take a 40mm tails gland - didn't realise the test rig didn't have a 40mm knockout, nor my gland a 32-40mm converter.

Got a cheap cheerful one from Amazon, thinking it would easily fit the M12 chuck only to discover it's fractionally too small for the bit.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XXW4T44/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I find myself after 1 of 3 things; a larger chuck for my drill (if one exists) a smaller shafted 10-45mm step bit, a 40-32mm (or 40-25mm) adapter/reducer for the tails gland - Thoughts?

The older M12 drills came with a 10mm chuck whereas all the fuel versions come with a 13mm chuck. That might be the issue.

you could get handy with a file ?

Or you used to be able to get a wiska tails gland that came at 40mm with a 32mm reducer

Buy another cheap and cheerful and and put it down to experience , or buy a decent set that will last you well if you treat it well.
They are a tool you will probably need depending on your discipline.
You already need one and have not got it. :)

Buy another cheap and cheerful and and put it down to experience , or buy a decent set that will last you well if you treat it well.
They are a tool you will probably need depending on your discipline.
You already need one and have not got it. :)
cheapest option I think is going to be another tails gland, just have to find one complete with adapter, I know they exist .

All the ones I'm finding are the sam, too big for the M12 chuck ?

You need to consider what you would do if this were an on-site situation and a solution given the tools you have. A half round file should be a tool you have, maybe not frequently used in this day and age but a cheap addition which requires five minutes of filing to the 32mm entry.

Last edited:
You need to consider what you would do if this were an on-site situation and a solution given the tools you have. A half round file should be a tool you have, maybe not frequently used in this day and age but a cheap additional which requires five minutes of filing to the 32mm entry.
Fair point well made, was hoping the step drill would be a future proofing tool to aid such situations - I'll always have my drill on my go bag (and a zip pouch with a variety of bits - now got me thinking of adding a few grinder/filing bits) so was hoping to do that way, could rummage and see if I've got a small file set somewhere, am sure I have...

Be honest I file as a last resort as the multitude of tools on offer now should eliminate elbow grease but carrying these cheap rudimentary tools have seen many a person out of a tight spot.

Holesaw blades and an Oops Arbor would be my usual way of doing this.

Here

Downside is, it's unlikely to be of much use in a drill with a 10mm chuck.

Reply to Milwaukee M12 chuck upgrade? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net