Search the forum,

Discuss pats in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wattsup

Anyone doing loads of pats right now...i don't understand, i can't keep pace, i don't even promote heavy...but i may do from now on...is there some new law come out?...or perhaps more likely i've just got lucky this past month. It used to be a side line, if it carries on it will be a main line...

Funny enough Im getting the same thing happening. Think you will find its a renewed vigor by health and safety they dont want to be part of the spending cuts that Cameron is bring in and doing everything they can to justify themselves;)

Chris

Ker Ching!!!
:D:D

just got my few Yearly Renewals in asking for Quotes for the Purchase Dept to authorise..!! what's even better i have 1 massive one that is VISUAL ONLY (there policy not mine)!!! 1000 items at 80p each for me to go YUP or NOPE, not looking forward to next year though when i have to re test fully..!! :(

Funny enough Im getting the same thing happening. Think you will find its a renewed vigor by health and safety they dont want to be part of the spending cuts that Cameron is bring in and doing everything they can to justify themselves;)

Chris

Interesting theory. But if health and safety departments are spending more money they're even more likely to be cut.

Where is the majority of this work coming from? Is it businesses or public services?

Im getting a lot of shops did one yesterday where HSA rang them:confused: and said they were coming tomorrow place was last tested 2008 had a few that didnt know it needed to be done:rolleyes: and now we have the holiday lets coming in :D:D:D

Chris

had a few that didnt know it needed to be done:rolleyes:

And they were correct.

They are required to maintain equipment to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, danger. There is no specific obligation to have a PAT regime.

I am now overun with pat, it's great but not lucrative for me right now. The cost to compete is not cost effective compared with other works. I have just recently lost a 2000/3000 job, not on price, but simply because i couldnt commit to start date and completion. Some guys are charging as little as 90p per appliance. The big companies are wary of such prices. But some don't give a ****

Reply to pats in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back