Search the forum,

Discuss Radio fitting problems in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tazz, its the manufacturers way of trying to make you use only their audio kit.
An adaptor lead cannot produce a switched live if there is not one there.

Boydy

Hi, Thanks for your advice. Studied the fuses and stuff. found out that connecting the illumination wire to yellow blew fuse for rear nearside side lights as well as dashboard. replaced that and all ok. Along with bits of old sandwich and sweet wrapper, I found a penny jammed in the cigarette lighter socket. found that the lighter fuse had blown. replaced and radio worked!! All up and running again.. thanks.
Next problem... my other car is a 2001 seicento. think this might be just sensor problems. 1. abs seems to be on all the time (that juddering) took abs fuse out and brakes are ok except abs light and handbrake light on all the time. 2. when idling revs go up and down as if pressing throttle - from idle to about 1500 revs and back again. Any ideas. Thanks again

glad you have got the radio sorted - as i said kids love putting things in cigar lighters (little angels),

Next problem... my other car is a 2001 seicento. think this might be just sensor problems. 1. abs seems to be on all the time (that juddering) took abs fuse out and brakes are ok except abs light and handbrake light on all the time. 2. when idling revs go up and down as if pressing throttle - from idle to about 1500 revs and back again. Any ideas. Thanks again

(1) possibly sensor failed but more likely dirt/dust/grease( from split c.v boot)/debris on a wheel sensor/induction ring - check, dust out with airline or hoover or clean with paintbrush or brake cleaner spray
(2) could be dirt or soot on mass airflow sensor - clean with brake cleaner spray or could be a split air pipe - check ducting from m.a.s to inlet manifold and all air hoses to/from inlet manifold, possibly m.a.s, air temp sensor etc.

it would probably be worth getting a garage or mobile auto-electrician to scan for fault code errors if you have checked the obvious things above and the faults persist - good luck - Jon

Reply to Radio fitting problems in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock