Discuss Car radio battery wire zero voltage ! but original car radio is working when connected. Why?! in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

thank you all so much! problem found! the black one is not ground, but the white/black is ! I have been following the wrong information from another webpage, saying that the black one is ground !
I just tested the blue/yellow (the battery wire) and the white/black, the reading is 12V ! while the original radio is disconnected.

thank you all so much! problem found! the black one is not ground, but the white/black is ! I have been following the wrong information from another webpage, saying that the black one is ground !
I just tested the blue/yellow (the battery wire) and the white/black, the reading is 12V ! while the original radio is disconnected.
Have chased many a Cr hifi loom and they can be murder ! probably even worse these days .My way years ago was to skip the stock cables for power and fit fused 12v cable and a better ground . Made huge difference .Also when adding relays for "120w " front bulbs !!! The stock loom cable would never work well.

Reply to Car radio battery wire zero voltage ! but original car radio is working when connected. Why?! in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hi auto-leckies, This is a DIY query. I have no electrician qualifications but I have electrical literacy, my original trades were heavy (HF)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
Once again I am using the Engineering chat as I think my question is more theoretical rather than 'diy advice'. If I am misusing the forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, My camper has a new 12v battery and I have wired up a split charge relay with a 100 amp blade fuse near van battery and a 100 amp blade fuse...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock