Discuss How can I generate 220v ac using a car battery, dc motor and inverter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I used 12v dc from a 13 plate car battery to power a 12v dianamo dc motor and brought in an alternator to change the battery using the rotation of the dc motor.on the same battery I contacted my power inverter to generate 220v ac for my lighting system, thinking I have the alternator connected to the battery so the battery source will never deplete.but it kept draining.please what do I do to make the battery maintain it powerful while using

You are trying to outwit science and create a perpetual motion machine.

It won't work. If it did work then we would all be doing it :)

If that had any chance of working why would you even need the battery, just connect the motor to the alternator and away you go.
The battery is there to powér the inverter àñd the motor wíthóut the battery the DC mótor ís not going to rótate for me to get the rótàtion óf the alternator for ít to çhàrge the battery

What you're trying to do here is break the first and second laws of thermodynamics which, of course, is impossible. There are always losses in a system and you simply cannot overcome them.

Reply to How can I generate 220v ac using a car battery, dc motor and inverter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I'm looking to connect my car's battery directly to a Pure Sine Wave 2000w power inverter So I can use it on job sites etc to power a microwave...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've read much about ac vs dc but can't find a 'simple' answer. If current alternates 50 times per second in a uk mains circuit, why do live...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am fitting a Telecom 8 Compact burglar alarm system to a boat. The boat has both nominal 12v DC supply (ie up to 14.2 v when engine...
Replies
Views
For power outages, my solar inverter (+battery) is able to take on the entire house load - as long as I unplug my collection of vintage kettles...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock