Search the forum,

Discuss suitable protective device for light circuts? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

im going to go for RCD protection with a type c circut breaker reason being the onsite guide recommends type c for banks of floresent lighting. on one of these building in question it has 50 x 1800mm floresent lighting so i feel thats most suitable.

what do you guys think. am i right?
You'd have all 50 lights in the building on the same breaker would you?

You'd have all 50 lights in the building on the same breaker would you?

hi,

thanks for your input, i do really appreciate it.

so i thought the point of a type c breaker was so you could have them all on one breaker?

or should it be split onto like 3 sperate circuts? and if that is the case does this mean we could go with a type class b then or would still a type c be needed

Think about what would happen if the breaker did it's job if all the lights were on it, compared with what would happen if the lights were split into different circuits.
Also carrying out maintenance.
In what situation would you 'need' a type C? All the time?

Type C breaker allows for high start up current. Type B doesn't
If the barracks lighting is florescent then I would suggest a 10amp C type MCB would be a perfectly suitable protective device in most cases.

Reply to suitable protective device for light circuts? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock