Search the forum,

Discuss Taking NVQ 2356 with a training provider in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mag8485

I am 25 years old Electrical Improver and im looking to do the NVQ3, I have 2330 parts 1 and 2, 17th edition and 2391 T&I. I achieved my 2330 and 2391 this year.

I have experience in the trade working as a Electricial Improver for a total of 2.5 years mainly for agencies. Im working for an agency doing Industrial work right now.

I need the NVQ to get Electricians grading from the JIB.

What are the requirements for taking an NVQ with a training provider like Quickstep or VQ traing or Delta?

I read I would exempt from taking the AM2 because i have been working in the trade for 2 years or more ?
How would i prove that ?
And can I take the NVQ working self employed through an agency ?

help much appreciated
cheers

I am 25 years old Electrical Improver and im looking to do the NVQ3, I have 2330 parts 1 and 2, 17th edition and 2391 T&I. I achieved my 2330 and 2391 this year.

I have experience in the trade working as a Electricial Improver for a total of 2.5 years mainly for agencies. Im working for an agency doing Industrial work right now.

I need the NVQ to get Electricians grading from the JIB.

What are the requirements for taking an NVQ with a training provider like Quickstep or VQ traing or Delta?

I read I would exempt from taking the AM2 because i have been working in the trade for 2 years or more ?
How would i prove that ?
And can I take the NVQ working self employed through an agency ?

help much appreciated
cheers

Hi

You would not have to do the AM2 as you are classed as a practicing operative because you have been working in the trade and this should be easy to prove. The fact that you have your 2330, 2391 & 17th Edition should enable you to undertake your NVQ at a reasonable price because you should not have to demonstrate your knowledge criteria (your certificates cover this).

The fact that you are self employed should not cause you any problems at all as a lot of people taking this NVQ are self employed also. I would stay away from the Quickstep portfolio as this is a bit of nightmare to do and is not user friendly at all. As far as I know, both Delta & VQ Training use the same electronic portfolio system but it seems that VQ Training are the cheapest.

Whatever you decide, make sure you at least REGISTER for the NVQ this year. If not you will find that you will have to take the AM2 regardless of experience etc with the introduction of the new 2357 Diploma.

Reply to Taking NVQ 2356 with a training provider in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back